Thread: Koyukuk

Default Koyukuk

Had a friend just come off the river. Lowest he has seen in 30 years! He struggled with the jet boat to find water in all the usual tough spots. If it doesn't rain soon! and allot! I'll look for other options. Gravel bar in front of check station already showing. Talked with Glenn Stout ADGF&G in Fairbanks he to was down and confirmed. Low and dry. Good luck all, be careful with the bondfire. Let me know if things change.
    Louie

Got the same info from a local in the area. Low water and dry all around. Looks like the "Big Boys" will be competing for what little H2O there is.
    Maybe the low water will slow some of thee river runners down.....they'll actually have to get out of their boats and walk a bit for the kill.

Unhappy oh no...

That is bad news for me and my partner with the DM830 tag. Time to make some calls. Please Lord, let it rain!

This could make things interesting. Hopefully it does rain. Long Stretch is the big worry spot. Bringing an extra lower unit and props. I'll bring the lighter canoe this trip.

Any more updates on the water levels?
    Tennessee