Thread: Alaska Post Newspaper

Default Alaska Post Newspaper

If anyone gets the newspaper on Post you can check out my Commander and I rippin' lips in Iraq. I want to thank Mr. Pennell for putting us in the paper. Though we did not catch anything the day of the interveiw, we did try to tell why we still fish even in combat. I will be available for autographs in October after I get back .

Sapper 2-6

Default No thanks necessary

I'm glad we could feature you guys. You can look up the paper online at www.alaskapostonline.com. I've actually been out of state the last two weeks with my sick father in Kentucky, so I'll have to go looking for the story and photos myself to see what we published. We're looking forward to getting you guys home!

John
    "My rod and my reel, they comfort me."

Default Oops

It looks like the alaskapostonline site hasn't been updated while I've been gone...here's a different link to the story: http://www.usarak.army.mil/alaskapost/Aug07Story12.asp

John
    "My rod and my reel, they comfort me."

Default nice

Well sir congrats on the interview. They contacted me and then never heard anything more about it. Sorry you didnt get any fish that day but heard its been really slow and that there as been some fish floating. Well keep it up and cant wait to get on some fish when we get back. Tight lines and see you when we return.

Matt

Proud of all you ladies and gents. Keep up the good work, and come home soon.

On a sidenote I'm curious about fishing licenses in a combat zone. We put so much emphasis on it here at home -- what's it like in that regard over there? They sure has heck better not charge you for fishing on base/post, but do you get a chance to fish "outside?" And if so, do the local authorities have any requirements for licenses or bag limits or whatnot?
    Palmer, Alaska
    "There are some things money can buy. For everything else, there's ALASKA!"

Trochilids,

Haven't had the oppurtunity to go outside and fish. I know some guys wanted to borrow a pole to get a pick of them fishing in the Tigris here. I dont think anyone will say anything with 20 tons of armorer and weapons sitting close by for you fishing in their country. And here at Warhorse people look at you crazy when you even mention fishing on the FOB.

Sapper 2-6

Sweet Dude! Hope you make it back here so we can hit the water sometime...of hit up the lake for some hard water action!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Good stuff, Sapper 2-6. Thanks for the info. I find your fishing updates fascinating. I'm glad you have the opportunity -- and take it -- to not only fish where you are, but share it with the rest of us.

Cheers,
    Palmer, Alaska
    "There are some things money can buy. For everything else, there's ALASKA!"