Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sooo... my wife says "I am addicted"

Default Sooo... my wife says "I am addicted"

I never knew about Alaska Outdoor Forums until a little over a month ago. Now my Wife says that I am addicted. I spend a little time on the forum but not a ton. Or maybe I am just in denial. Are there any support groups for this? If not my Wife says that she is going to start a support group for neglected wives of the Forum.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

[QUOTE=Laker Taker;550732]I never knew about Alaska Outdoor Forums until a little over a month ago. Now my Wife says that I am addicted. I spend a little time on the forum but not a ton. Or maybe I am just in denial. Are there any support groups for this? If not my Wife says that she is going to start a support group for neglected wives of the Forum.[/QUOTE]

let me know where to sign my wife up at will ya?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs up

If all the "neglected wives" want to meet up at my place, it's fine by me. Pass the word to them.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

So is that like a bad thing??????
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Thumbs up The 'secret'

The secret is to get your wife to join on here! That's what I did, and it works. At least she knows what I'm doing... .I think she suspected I was doing something else for the first year.... lol!
    You know, this brings up a good thought! Why don't we add a forum for women? Outdoor women forum, or something? Trick would be to keeping all the guys out of there!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Default could be worse

Plenty of other sites out there we could be on that are a lot worse for marriages!
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Welcome to "The Club"
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Ditto what DenaliHunter said. My wife never liked hunting and fishing until I got her involved. The key was not to push her and let her get into it at her own pace. She catches more salmon than me now.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Lucky for me I found this forum while deployed, so my wife has no idea how much time I spend on here…..yet!
    Brandon

Default FA...Forum Anonomous

Hello, my name is Tom and I'm a fourm addict....I think that the requirement for the addiction is over 250 posts or the need of a fix every day I'm told the treatment requires long periods of hunting in the great outdoors of alaska!!!!!!!!!! I'm checking myself in on the 27th of the month for a 3 week treatment plan. I am told that frequient follows will be required......

Smile well...

Mine wife finds it amusing. I tell her it makes me smarter. But, at least I am not a Facebook, Twitter and what ever else is out ther addict. I have my limits!

My wife asks me all the time "Did you see this on the Forum". I'm addicted but at least I am open about it. I think she is secretly addicted. LOL
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Luckily I work 14 hours a day with plenty of time for gauking at all the posts, so when I get home I've usually got my fill for the day. However I do catch myself telling the wife stories "guess what I saw on the forum today"
    Bob

Become one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

agreed on the facebook thing.. thats my wifes addiction. .. I use firefox and have AOD on the "morning coffee" add-on along with my college website and T-man and of course mail..

with just the hit of one tab all these come up in seperate tabs it great for the addiction.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

when i am working i have 3-4 laptops going around me at a time... the Forum is ALWAYS on....

the wife is finally getting to the point... that she ... says...

HEY ask all your on line friends how to do this...........???/ or that...

when she complains... i tell her... well i could be sitting here fussing this or that is not done yet.... or getting on the kids case... or yours... at home i am in my corner out of the way of the mad house of children dogs, cats and birds,,,,
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Me too!!

Don't know how long I've been on the site, a while now. And when I'm not traveling a day does not go by that I'm not on here. Don't make a lot of posts, just try to soak up all the information I can and get good tips. My wife says the same thing. I'm sure she would be willing to join an "Abandoned Wife's Club" anyday!

I always tell her it's a good thing we don't live near Anchorage too. I think I would be buying half the things on the Swap and Sell Forum!!!
    Dan

"May the gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!" Menalaus -Troy

My wife loves to hunt and fish just as much as I do. In fact I think that I have been teaching her too good. In the past couple of years she has taken more game and caught more fish than I have. I guess she can't get past talking about it on the computer.

Enjoy the sickness like the rest of us....on here too much so they decided to make me help out!

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Enjoy the sickness like the rest of us....on here too much so they decided to make me help out!

OH so thats your excuse.... hmmmmm must mean, i will have to pave the drive and install the plumbing.. fix the roof.........

on here too much... WHO are you kidding...

meet on face book here

Man, you've got the sickness twice as bad!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast