Thread: Leupold 12x40x60 HD or Pentax PF-65ED 20x60, Tripods?

Default Leupold 12x40x60 HD or Pentax PF-65ED 20x60, Tripods?

Asking for any recommendations/experience with these two spotters, comparisons, etc...

Also, does anyone have any experience with the cabelas professional carbon 56 tripods? I have a Manfrotto aluminum tripod with a ball head I like now but it is a little bulky for either of these scopes. Looking for a good, solid, smooth, reasonably priced tripod and was wondering if this mioght be it.

Thanks

I would buy the leupold. I have the Non HD. I think it is the best scope on the market for the coin.

Jason

I would recommend the Pentax. I compared my Pentax ED with my buddies Leupold 12x40x60 (standard) in the field this past moose season. My Pentax was clearer and brighter at dusk. I also didn't like the the eye relief on the Leupold, you had to have your eye right against the scope to get a good picture. The focus was really touchy as well.

The HD may put it optically equal to the Pentax but the other items I described make the Pentax more appealing.

One of my hunting partners has the Pentax... Nice, wide field of vision. Have not see the Leupold, but he buys smart and when money allows I aim to mimic his choice. Nice spotter.....