Thread: Zodiak info

Anchorage Alaska

Default Zodiak info

I just bought an old 15.5' MKIII with a 40hp suzuki on the back. The boat is in really good shape for being 34 years old (1985), some small repairs on the bottom - none in the tubes.

I am trying to find a spot close to anchorage to run the boat this afternoon to see how it handles and runs before trying an overnight trip into PWS next weekend...what lakes/ponds is it legal on?

I am also trying to find out any information on the boat - folding directions, maintenance information (rubber care, valve care, etc.) and any information on the old 1986 40hp Susuki that is on it.

Next spring I am thinking of re-powering it with a 50hp honda jet - anybody try to run a zodiak with a jet?

I will do some forum searches to see what I can come up with too.

You can launch your boat at fire lake in eagle river 50hp max. As far as care use 303 aerospace protectant at least twice a year more if it sits in the sun all the time. And from what I have herd jets do not perform very well on inflatables due to the flex in the floor causes air pockets and will cavitate the jet but quite a few people do run them so they must work to some extent.

We had that exact set up and vintage when I was growing up. We sure covered some water and had some good times in that boat. Have fun with it.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.