Thread: Back country packs

Default Back country packs

Well I have a question about your packs. To start off last year I went on a Goat hunt in the fjords and it was a good time except I wasnt in as good of shape as I thought. My pack weighted about 45lbs without a rifle. So my question is what packs do you use and how much do they weight Without rifle? Also can you post what you take on your trips (7 Day trip) Also how many spare sets of clothes. Im sure this question sounds dumb but Im really planning on anouther goat hunt but want to not be overloaded. Please help!!!!! Also the pack I have is the Cabellas Alaskian guide series I was not impressed with the pack but unfortunally im stuck with it..

Thanks again...

Default Check out this thread...

Here's a great thread on the topic in the Outdoor Gear forum. Check it out. It has a ton of packing lists on it.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=48349

Default search function

Give the search function in the menu bar at the top of the hunting forum page. Try a search for pack, hunting pack, etc. Also search for sheep hunting lists. There are some very detailed lists available.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Barney's packs. They rock!

Brett

Smile Barneys

Brett is a good salesman. He sold me on a Hunter in Kevlar the other day. These are well built packs. I have been an internal kind of guy for mountain hunting in the past, but I am going to give external a go this year. The jury is still out.

"Brett is a good salesman"

I always sold the most popcorn in boy scouts. I guess not a lot has changed!!! Let us know how it works for you. Pictures of your animals with our gear will be perfect to throw on the new website picture gallery when it's done!!

Brett

Osprey makes a great pack if your looking for an internal frame pack.

Default Richard's pack

I got the Barney's pack last spring after using a cabela's pack. I'll never go back. My Kevelar Pinnacle is much bigger than the old pack and a little over 3 pounds lighter.

My pack with nothing in it and the top bar removed weighs 8.8 pounds. The size is something silly like 7800 CI. Not sure on that though.

My loaded pack without a rifle is right about 48#. That is for a one person hunt carrying a 3 person tent (my lightest tent at 5.5 lbs). For my sheep hunt, my partner will carry about 1/2 of the tent and a few other minor goodies (maybe even some cold beers if I can sneak them into his pack). This will get my pack down to about 46# without rifle.

I'm planning on posting my gear list and pack contents with pictures before the end of the weekend.

Richard

You can send that Cabelas pack back and get a refund or exchange it for another.