Thread: Whittier fishing report

Default Whittier fishing report

It looks like there are quite a few pinks down there in Passage Canal. Everyone I talked to said the silvers still haven't moved in close to town in any numbers, and the shore anglers fishing near the mouth of the little creek (I think it's Shotgun Cove...not sure the name of the creek, but it's the one with the parking area out Shotgun Cove Road) were getting pinks and nothing else. Same deal down at the beach near the tank farm. Hopefully some of the folks who put their boats in this morning will have more to report. I didn't even put mine in the water since I had important berry picking to do and I'm patient for when the silvers start to show up close in.

Default Whitter Silvers - Today

Chased silvers all over the bay today - I heard of some being caught just south of main bay and I fished the SW point of Perry Is.
    We trolled and picked up a couple - but the fishing was very spotty -with no one I seen having any limits. Hopefully they will start to move north I better quantitys soon.
    Good Luck
    How stupid is it to be wasting tons of salmon and halibut as bycatch in the Bering Sea and then have the coastal villages hollaring they have no food? It's got to stop!