Thread: fly fishing valdez

Default fly fishing valdez

I will be visiting valdez and I was wondering if there are any good places to fly fish. Any species would be fine.
    thanks

Default Couple of Options

Pinks well they are heading to the big smoke-house in the sky however the Robe River Just past the road to A.Point and oil terminal has ample fly fishing with a Dolly tossed in now and again as well as easy access.

You can also fish from bank Allison Point ( A.Point) for Silvers and Pinks watch the tides and slippery rocks.

When I go in that direction I always try and stop at the Robe it is a fun little river not fished to death i.e. everyone heading in other directions and is for the most part easy wading.

If your tossing lead i.e. chuck and duck try anything Bright Green with Flash Silvers seems to like eating that i.e. bunny flies size 2/0 - 2.

Best of Luck Tight Lines

Blue Moose

Quote Originally Posted by mntrunr View Post
    I will be visiting valdez and I was wondering if there are any good places to fly fish. Any species would be fine.
    thanks
    There is a little lake, just north of Blueberry lake off of Richardson hwy. it is on the east side of the hwy. Caught a few small trout, no keepers, and I was just pulling out some bugs that I had, mostly dry. There is also a stream that run into it from the north that had some nice action. It was a nice place to hang in between tides down at Valdez.

I love just searching a map and trying to find someplace to wet the line.

I have not been up to Robe lake yet. I might check that out this next trip in 2 weeks. If anyone has some suggestions.