Thread: Opportunity for you.

Default Opportunity for you.

Here is the scoop. I drew DC608. I have a plan. I am looking to cut costs. I am looking for one more guy.

Interested?..
    Read on..

Flying out Monday August Seventeenth with High Adventure Air out of Soldotna. Will fly out in the Beaver (essentially no weight limits then). Cost is 650$ each way. Cost to you is 325$. For those of you arithmatically challenged, this does indeed mean that I have two other people going already. We are all young, Over 20 under 30. Two of us are "experienced" (I use this term loosely) hunters/outdoorsmen. One of us will be a non-hunter so to speak, even worse he is from the lower 48 ..
    We are flying into Twin Lakes

There will be hiking involved..
    I would appreciate it if you would bring your own tent, bring your own food for the most part (food is flexible), bring a knife (you cannot borrow mine), bring pretty much anything you would need going solo, except you aren't going solo.
    Priority will go to tag holders for the area in question. ( DC608 tags being the top of the ladder; all other tags falling in any order I deem fit)
    We are flying back on Thursday the 20th.
    I will not tolerate any unethical hunting. I will not tolerate any littering or trashing. I will not tolerate any pooping in the spaces between tents.
    I don't mind cussing chewing spitting or any other forms of raucous behavior as long as you get up the next morning.

Interested? Questions? Comments? Concerns? PM me here. Tag holders will take priority, if no tag holders are interested.. then first come first serve.

Anyone remember the movie Surviving The Game?

This is actually a good deal. I was hoping to grab that tag this year. Being able to bring what you want is priceless. Someone should jump. I know a few folks on here were wondering how they are going to access this area. Good Luck.

Default just a thought

Seems like you are out for yourself and not looking for a 4th for an ejoyable hunting experience. Your invite seems a little slanted. Bring your own food.... Why wouldn't you just bring a little more and split the cost 4 ways? On a trip 4 can eat just as easy as 3. What other opportunities are there where you are going if someone doesn't have a DC608? Is meat going to be shared? Just a suggestion, but you might want to rethink your invite or just be happy with your 3 and foot the bill yourselves.

Still not a bad deal sort of... Downfall to me is it looks like a 2 day fly in hunt where you would be expected to pay up front to have a guy tell you if you could or could not shoot an animal. It looks like big country to me. If costs are the issue you may find a 4th who will just jump in on transportation costs and hunt solo leaving you and your buddies to do as you want. I doubt you will find any taker as a hunting partner with the tone of your initial post. This is just my impression based on the text, I appreciate that much intent can be lost in the written word...

I would have to agree with the "tone" of the orignal post. I dont think icb has a future career as a greeting card writer, on the other hand, the man knows how to state the facts.... Ken

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    Seems like you are out for yourself and not looking for a 4th for an ejoyable hunting experience. Your invite seems a little slanted. Bring your own food.... Why wouldn't you just bring a little more and split the cost 4 ways? On a trip 4 can eat just as easy as 3. What other opportunities are there where you are going if someone doesn't have a DC608? Is meat going to be shared? Just a suggestion, but you might want to rethink your invite or just be happy with your 3 and foot the bill yourselves.
    Im asking them to bring their own food because we will probably be eating mt house and I don't want to buy their food as well. Some people eat a TON when out adventuring, some people don't. I suspect the person interested would know better than I. Their own tent because mine is a two man, my buddies is a two man, and sleeping in the same tent with someone you don't know for the first time.. well a fly out trip might be a bad time for popping the "sleeping in the same tent" cherry.
    I drew the tag, and I made the reservations. I found two good friends who wish to go along and have a good time and hopefully help me harvest a nice caribou bull. Possibly catch some fish, possibly get a black bear, def. sit around and swap stories, and rub each others sore feet (...eerrrrr I mean .. what?). I am looking for one more person to go along.
    Other opportunities.. Brown bear by permit, black bear harvest, goat by permit. Moose is not open. It's all in the regulations book.
    Of course meat is shared.. I thought that was pretty much a standard with hunting partners...

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Still not a bad deal sort of... Downfall to me is it looks like a 2 day fly in hunt where you would be expected to pay up front to have a guy tell you if you could or could not shoot an animal. It looks like big country to me. If costs are the issue you may find a 4th who will just jump in on transportation costs and hunt solo leaving you and your buddies to do as you want. I doubt you will find any taker as a hunting partner with the tone of your initial post. This is just my impression based on the text, I appreciate that much intent can be lost in the written word...
    The two days IS the downfall. I would love to go longer.. but I can only swing so much time off.. Shooting critters.. honestly we will just have to wing that. Oppurtunities are oppurtunities. Bulls are usually found together, we could stand a good chance of getting a double. If I get one the first day out.. I will work my ass off to try and get another tag holder a bull. If he connects the first day I would expect the same. Times IS short, I expect this to be a rough hunt with limited time and lots of hiking.
    I am easy to get along with. So are my friends. I would expect to meet any interested parties BEFORE we go. Preferably over a santas little helper and a beer at mooses tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Engel View Post
    I would have to agree with the "tone" of the orignal post. I dont think icb has a future career as a greeting card writer, on the other hand, the man knows how to state the facts.... Ken
    Hallmark was recruiting me... but they didn't offer me enough. My agent; she told me to hold out for a better deal

Seriously. This is a good offer. If you have a tag or just want to hunt black bears or just fish for grayling. It promises to be a good time regardless. The "tone".. I was just trying to get the facts across. Didn't mean to offend anyone, or put anyone off. 4 people cuts the costs down from 433 each to 325 each. Good for everyone. IM asking you bring as much of your own gear as possible since my stuff is pretty minimal and generally suited for one or 2 person adventures. As is my other hunting partners. I am DEFINITELY flexible.. if someone has issues and I can help I will certainly try.

Bump.

Last chance.
    Truck leaves Anchorage Monday Morning.. Still open if someone wants to go hunting.

ICB12

Sent you pm