Thread: Pike around FBX

Default Pike around FBX

Wondering if anyone has some good ideas for pike around the interior that are somewhat accessible. I have a 4 wheeler and a 1-man pontoon boat so can get a few places, but no big river boat and don't want any fly-in spots. Used to fish Harding back in the day when the water was higher but that's out. Not afraid to drive a little ways either.

My family has always been big into Pike fishing and would like to bring my dad up for some here next spring. My grandfather caught a monster in Saskatchewan a couple of years ago. 50 inches and 42 lbs. I'll try to get my dad to send me the picture!

If anyone has some ideas post 'em or PM me. Thanks in advance!
    Dan

"May the gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!" Menalaus -Troy

Go behind the Alaska Club

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    Go behind the Alaska Club
    DANG ES!!!!! dont try to scare the guy first time out!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default pike around fairbanks

Across from the old Eielson main gate are a few lakes that have Pike.
    Scout lake (nothing big)

Munsons slough (ive heard)
    Where badger (chena) slough meets the Chena river is supposed to be good. Minto Flats always is good

Default Try Murphy Dome

I really would suggest to try Murphy dome...But as of recently there has been a huge fire going on there so I Would have to say check up on that area before going.Also Fish and game would be able to help with information.I do believ the number to them is in the regs on the first page.Good luck and happy fishing!
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Quote Originally Posted by mntransplant View Post
    Across from the old Eielson main gate are a few lakes that have Pike.
    Scout lake (nothing big)

Munsons slough (ive heard)
    Where badger (chena) slough meets the Chena river is supposed to be good. Minto Flats always is good

Just a reminder

Don't forget that you need an Eielson AFB license over there. Those "cops" from base got on my case last year.

Good luck
    Bob

Become one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

Default cops

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherBob View Post
    Just a reminder

Don't forget that you need an Eielson AFB license over there. Those "cops" from base got on my case last year.

Good luck
    Those "cops" dont do much but hassle people and surf the web anyhow.

the easiest way to get it is to go to the front gate at Ft Wainwright...the cards cross over...instead of sitting in the eielson class. If you can read the regs, you arent missing a thing regarding fishing rules and regs....it might be in your best interest to sit through the class for hunting, if you plan on doing it...atleast once!

Default Thanks!

Thanks for all the ideas. Have a few more things to get done around the house before snow flies (it's coming, but not too soon I hope), then it will be fishing till it's too cold. That and moose hunting, either way I'll be outside and having a blast!

I'll check in with Ft. Wainwright about the licenses. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Dan

"May the gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!" Menalaus -Troy