Thread: Throw a guy a bone

Default Throw a guy a bone

Looking for some flatties close to Whittier. I know they are where you find them but just wondering if anyone would care to share news of recent success in waters within range of a small boat (W. of Perry, N. of Port Nelly Juan)

Quote Originally Posted by lineburns View Post
    Looking for some flatties close to Whittier. I know they are where you find them but just wondering if anyone would care to share news of recent success in waters within range of a small boat (W. of Perry, N. of Port Nelly Juan)
    I know a friend who picked up a 200lb other southside of Culross Passage a few years ago. It was in no particular special spot, just dropped a line and BAM! Im going to be hitting spots all the way down to South Knight island this weekend.
    2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
    150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
    Call Sign - "Defiance"

I've heard of people taking them in Suprise Cove, Pigot Bay, Applegate Island. The problem is, those spots aren't consistant producers, and you can spend all day for 1 or 2 fish.

On the up side it sounds like the silvers are starting to show, and I've found the N end of Culross passage can be a good spot to pull them in.