Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supporting Member.............???

Default Supporting Member.............???

So I signed for the supporting member deal about a week ago, now I know everyone else recieved an e-mail about this????

I have been looking for "others" of the same ilk, since it says "Supporting Member" big and bold directly next to my avitar.

Am I the only one that can see this?

Or am I the only one that figured this forum was worth supporting finacially? I use it plenty and glean some crazed joy from participating. so how come no others? Whats up with this?

It must one of them hidden secret things that only I can see.............
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Akgramps View Post
    So I signed for the supporting member deal about a week ago, now I know everyone else recieved an e-mail about this????

I have been looking for "others" of the same ilk, since it says "Supporting Member" big and bold directly next to my avitar.

Am I the only one that can see this?

Or am I the only one that figured this forum was worth supporting finacially? I use it plenty and glean some crazed joy from participating. so how come no others? Whats up with this?

It must one of them hidden secret things that only I can see.............

i can see yours can you see mine?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I don't remember ever getting an email about this. Came back from vacation, and peoples names where in green, some said supporting members, etc. I guess I missed something?
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks Vince (if that is your real name)
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    Thanks Vince (if that is your real name)
    Lately? i am begining to wonder... every one calls me....*** whole??????

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    i can see yours can you see mine?

big and bold, right on...!
    TR

Default Supporting Member

rnHow are you doin guys? you can call me pauline
    rnI am a new member of this forum and I hope Ill have the chance to interact with you all
    rn
    rnhave a nice dayrn

Smile

Akgramps thanks for bringing that to my attention I received the newsletter talking about it and spaced contributing, that has now been rectified! This is a great site even if we do not all agree all the time on the way things should be.

Rob

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Lately? i am begining to wonder... every one calls me....*** whole??????

Vince I would never refer to or call you an ***** whole but I do wonder what a lifelong Alaksan is?

Thanks for the reminder Akgramps
    I think a reminder to sign up and how should be the top thread on every forum, it'll help people like me get it off the back burner
    I havent been able to get the boat wet this year due to health problems and this sight has been one of the substitutes, hopefully Sept 19 will be the magic day and I can contrubute some pic's

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsboat View Post
    Thanks for the reminder Akgramps
    I think a reminder to sign up and how should be the top thread on every forum, it'll help people like me get it off the back burner
    I havent been able to get the boat wet this year due to health problems and this sight has been one of the substitutes, hopefully Sept 19 will be the magic day and I can contrubute some pic's
    there is a reminder up there... on the forum front pages... "SPECIAL ANNOUNCMENT".... at the top of each forum...

meet on face book here

Default Supporting Member

I will say something that i hope will not cause a big argument.For one people dont think about what will happen if we pull out of this war, we will probably be attacked again if we pull out then you will all change your minds again.

Quote Originally Posted by silverworld View Post
    I will say something that i hope will not cause a big argument.For one people dont think about what will happen if we pull out of this war, we will probably be attacked again if we pull out then you will all change your minds again.
    hi silver.. welcome to the forums...

there is an entire forum for just that topic... you need to be here for a bit and make a certain number of post and you will be able to see the Global politics forums... the categorized forums are not intended to carry that comversation....

but many, are all over it.... in the GD

meet on face book here

Thanks for the heads up AkGramps, I got the msg but, as usual, didn't read all the way to the bottom, just signed up so now I can be BOLD too.

Yeah, whatever.

If we got the e-mail, and read the "special announcement", don't you think we responded in accordance with our own judgment?

Did we really need a "guilt trip/look at me" thread in the boat section?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Yeah, whatever.

If we got the e-mail, and read the "special announcement", don't you think we responded in accordance with our own judgment?

Quilt trip look at me?
    Obviously didnt work on you.................LOL

"Whatever", usally something I hear from my teenage daughter, its one of those worthless things people say when they really dont know what to say, or in my daughters case, when she knows shes wrong.
    TR

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Yeah, whatever.

Brian...I have to agree. I plan to pay up at some point, it is worth it to me....and great for those that have already. But the clique-type "you're only cool if you join" comments are turning me off. We don't need the looking down your nose or who's bold and who's not stuff here do we?
    Now I'd be kind of embarassed to have my name in bold if people are going to make a big fuss about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUX View Post
    Brian...I have to agree. I plan to pay up at some point, it is worth it to me....and great for those that have already. But the clique-type "you're only cool if you join" comments are turning me off. We don't need the looking down your nose or who's bold and who's not stuff here do we?
    Now I'd be kind of embarassed to have my name in bold if people are going to make a big fuss about it.
    No "clique" here, just a member having fun. cool????? cripes man, I am over 50, I stopped worrying about being cool when I became invisible to the oposite sex.....LOL
    Hey, my intentions were not to make a "big fuss" it seems like others are making the fuss, if you dont want to participate....DONT
    No reason to feel guilty about it, that was not my intent.
    As I mentioned in the first post I was suprised at the lack of support and was wondering if I was the only one that could see the highlighted "supporting member", maybe seems silly to you guys, but I looked at a number of posts and never did see another highlighted member?

I was just having fun, sure maybe a little playfull sarcasm (Im good at that).
    It was all meant to be a positive thing, all I was doing was letting people know they could support this forum if they felt it was worth it TO THEM.
    Now it is has become negative just because you didnt like "feeling guilty".
    If your having problems with feeling guilty thats your problem and you may need to deal with that, its not something I imposed on you.
    I dont think its possible for me to goad someone in to doing something they dont want to.

If you dont want to look at this thread DONT, I try to ignore the threads I am not interested in and keep the negative stuff to myself.

If you want the administators to remove this thread, ask them to do so, it really doesnt matter to me.
    TR

Well Akgramps...I have to agree with you about the cool thing...and never heard it put that way before...it's a helluva realization ain't it!
    Sorry...didn't intend to point any fingers and appreciate good sarcasm as much as anybody...I didn't catch it this time.
    In any case...I think as time goes on, supporting will become more prevalent. To tell you the truth...being a skim reader...I didn't read through all of the announcement myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast