Thread: Just Got Back To Portland REPORT

Default Just Got Back To Portland REPORT

Thanks For A Great Trip To The Last Frontier!!

Caught a lot of fish, saw a lot of wildlife and met a lot of great locals and other tourists. Everyone was great to talk to and very helpful.

Managed to get a limit of sockeye on the day I fished the Russian, also a silver out of Resurrection Creek. Two silvers out of Ship Creek. And one Silver out of Bird Creek. Also caught and released numerous Pinks and Chums.

I think the Russian cooled down just as I got there and the Silvers were still a bit early but Ship seemed to be picking up just as I left. I did not see any silvers up North off of Parks Highway.

The highlight of my trip was in Seward. I did a glacier tour and was able to get some amazing video of a couple Orca pods. Also, I got to see mountain goats and many other species plus the beautiful scenery.

Than came the fishing charter. Went out on the 2nd on a 6 pack combo. The seas were stacked running about 3-4ft with a 20 knot wind coming out of the east which made for a fun trip 60 miles out. Once we got there the green eyes were attacking everything we dropped down but the captain was great and was able to maneuver us around them.

I decided to jig for lings first as I spotted a white tail jig similar to the one I use in OR to catch them off of Depoe Bay. I managed to Hook and Land Four keeping two which were monsters by may standards, one weighed at 42lbs and the other slightly less. I than managed a couple mid sized Halibut. Once the boats limit of Butts was on board it was off the Silver Grounds and man are they bigger in AK.. I was able to keep three fresh fatties all over 10lbs that cut as red as blood.

All in all a great trip. Thanks to all Locals for being so inviting low stress people and thanks for all the help from those in this forum. I am already thinking about my next trip.

Thanks Again,
    Cody

Default Back from alaska

Congrats on your fishing trip it sounds like fun, I am counting down the days till I go to Ketchican again in September. I did it last year and had a blast.

Mike

Good Luck to you. I am missing it up there already. I can't wait till the trib silver season starts up down around here.

Thanks
    Cody

Thumbs up Photographic Evidence

Glad you enjoyed a successful trip to the Northland, but where are the pics?

As a side note, I'm a former Oregonian. Raised in Albany and graduated from Oregon State. Beavs could be tough in football this season. Ranked in the preseason Top 25. Gonna try to make it down for the Civil War game since my brother has UO season tickets. Obviously looking forward to football season.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    glad you enjoyed a successful trip to the northland, but where are the pics?

As a side note, i'm a former oregonian. Raised in albany and graduated from oregon state. Beavs could be tough in football this season. Ranked in the preseason top 25. Gonna try to make it down for the civil war game since my brother has uo season tickets. Obviously looking forward to football season. :d
    go beavs!!!