Thread: Rifle Cover

Default Rifle Cover

I am a nonresident and am getting ready for a September sheep hunt in the Chugach Mountains. I will not be using a stainless steel rifle. Do most people use a raincover for their rifle if it is not stainless? I am not sure whether to buy one or not. Or is there some other alternative?
    Thanks for any input.

Take some good cleaning wipes and keep her oiled up nice. There was a time when everyone in Alaska hunted w/ a blued rifle and that is all they used.

Dont waist your time with a cover, do what LuJon said. I use to put those cheap gun socks on my rifle when i would go out hunting, the ones that you cut out holes for your scope and tripgger and bolt, till i shot a caribou and tried to jack in another round and the cartridge didnt go anywhere. It doesnt matter if you cut out a hole for the rounds to eject out, they wont.

If you do a search......we beat this subject to death two months ago.....

I usually take a rifle cover on my sheep hunts since the tents I use are just big enough for two people. The rifle stays out side with the pack, and since I have known it to occasionally rain or snow over the night I take a rifle cover....just the way I do things.