Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cranky "OLD" GOATS & Top Secret Information

  1. #1

    Default Cranky "OLD" GOATS & Top Secret Information

    Remember some OLD'Goats were killing lots of goats way before the state went lottery/draw/permits. So Old'goatie members might be willing to help with top secret information, but they Dam sure ain't going to go to the trouble of finding out what or where DG471 is. Post the draw number but also post the game unit and valleys.

  2. #2

    Thumbs up

    Ha Ha. Good one. They have this state broke up into so many sub sections that no one knows for sure where they are even going. The very best way for getting info on a specific location, is to specifically ask by the name of the creek, river, drainage, lake or mtn. Ask any of the bios about RC907 and watch for the "deer in the headlights look". Then ask them about killing a caribou along the Resurrection Trail and they will spill their guts.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3

    Default That's pretty ambiuous

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Ha Ha. Good one. They have this state broke up into so many sub sections that no one knows for sure where they are even going. The very best way for getting info on a specific location, is to specifically ask by the name of the creek, river, drainage, lake or mtn.
    How many Sheep Creeks, Beaver Creeks, Gold Creeks, Bear Creeks, etc. are there in Alaska? Even if there are a lot of them, at least GMUs are unique.

  4. #4
    Member c04hoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    572

    Default This thread inspired me...

    I just looked through the ADFG website about goat hunts. I think it would take at least 3 solid hours to go through all the info on just the registration hunts. I didn't even begin to look at the draw hunts. Holy cow that is confusing. Even more confusing is how they list specific creeks or rivers that may or may not appear on their maps.

  5. #5
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c04hoosier View Post
    I just looked through the ADFG website about goat hunts. I think it would take at least 3 solid hours to go through all the info on just the registration hunts. I didn't even begin to look at the draw hunts. Holy cow that is confusing. Even more confusing is how they list specific creeks or rivers that may or may not appear on their maps.



    oh that is every hunt...you better know your way around too...or do a Jeff King... and miss the line. by an inch.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  6. #6
    Member Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    I wouldn't be suprised if people just started bypassing F&G's complicated regs and zones altogether and just went hunting regardless....

  7. #7
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if people just started bypassing F&G's complicated regs and zones altogether and just went hunting regardless....
    oh can you imagine


    tier IIIIIIIII caribou from unit 13...


    you think the trooper will stop writhing ticket when his book is empty and there are 700 more trucks lined up???


    Anchorage and Wasilla showed up for their share of community harvest...

    what the hellm, state dont do what we want any way....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •