Thread: 10 year old girl shot at end of KGB road wasilla

Default 10 year old girl shot at end of KGB road wasilla

Man that place sucks, its lieka 2nd knik, its full fo trash, and idiots with guns!

i love guns. but some of the people out there just shoot wildly into the woods, use a backstop!!!! i hope they find out who did this so they can become a more responsable shooter!

sickens me how irresponsable some shooters can be! Please be mroe careful, others lives depend on it! dont be so selfish. Next time it could be your family that gets shot.

http://www.adn.com/218/story/888039....ents_Container
    Semper Fi!

It is a shame. I pray she has a full recovery.

I agree 100% it sucks and I pray she will be OK and home picking berries again soon.

jee whiz thats some bad stuff.

Default being responsible

"i hope they find out who did this so they can become a more responsable shooter!"

I hope they get caught so they can own up to their responsibilities to the girl and her family and lose their gun rights for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    It is a shame. I pray she has a full recovery.
    Agreed!!! And what's up with every **** back road sign in the state being shot up???? That's garbage!!! We look like a bunch of third rate hicks!!

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Adam Barringer View Post
    Agreed!!! And what's up with every **** back road sign in the state being shot up???? That's garbage!!! We look like a bunch of third rate hicks!!

Brett

ya we aint in texas anymore billy bob!
    Semper Fi!

My daughter (14) drew a cow moose tag for Pt. Mak. Our first scouting trip took us to the end of KGB out by the airport and the roads that lead to the airport and "boat launch" etc. It looked like a war zone out there. We counted 15 burned out, shot up cars...dozens of fridgerators...trash everywhere What a mess. We immediately wrote off that area to even hunt in. I bet theres a few dozen moose carcasses out there rotting from idiots shooting. The worst part is that the airport and the area around it is in a state game refuge Maybe Wasilla just needs to clean up the area and put their rifle range out there instead of by Mack arena.

BTW.. we moved south off of the Pt. Mak road and road the trails with our wheelers. Not a single speck of trash anywhere after that. It was almost surreal. I fully expected all of the Pt. Mak area to be trashed like the end of KGB.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

After reading that article, it says nowhere how that girl was shot..whether from a distance or some knucklehead in her own group. I can't believe they drove right by one hospital and traveled 45 miles more to get to Prov. Something is fishy

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    After reading that article, it says nowhere how that girl was shot..whether from a distance or some knucklehead in her own group. I can't believe they drove right by one hospital and traveled 45 miles more to get to Prov. Something is fishy
    She may have been put on an air ambulance, but even driving I would drive right on past Mat-Su hospital for Anchorage every time.

I was in there with my finger all but cut off a year and a half back. In the ER lobby was myself, my wife, an older guy that was dry heaving every 5 or 10 minutes, and his adult son, thatís it . . . 2 patients. The son told me they had been there an hour before we came. After sitting there an hour they took me back to see the nurse who took my pulse, BP, and what not then sent me back to the lobby. By this time my finger is starting to heart kinda on the bad side and after 2 more hours I told the wife to take me to Alaska Regional in Anchorage. Drove to town and they fixed me up and in less than an hour we were out the door.

My wife had forgotten her reading goggles in the Mat-Su ER lobby so we stopped in to see if they were there on the way past and guess who was still sitting in the lobby retching up his toenails. Then about 3 weeks later I got a bill in the mail, $189 for the taking my pulse and BP. After hours on the phone and assorted letters back and forth to the San Francisco head quarters they let me off for $50 this last April.

Itís well worth the 35 minuet drive to Anchorage and I am quite confident itís the faster way to see a doctor if you truly need one.

Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

matsu er are a buncha slack jawed yokels! I wouldnt trust them to pick up dog turds in my front yard!
    Semper Fi!

Yep on the air ambulance..but you'd think that would have made the story

Same story on the E.R. for a friend I brought in. Amazingly (I was an EMT for years in Talkeetna) if you are brought in by ambulance you get in right away. The ambulance calls all but clog up the E.R. anymore...they simply didn't build the hospital big enough

matsu er are a buncha slack jawed yokels! I wouldnt trust them to pick up dog turds in my front yard!
    There's some good docs in the E.R., but you never know who you are going to get. I took somebody to Prov once and it was one of my worst E.R. experiences ever...but that's not typical.

providence has been first class with everything ive ever been involved with them, i wouldnt go no where else.. i did go to a witch doctor in nenana one time.. it wasent a pleasent experiance but was a emergency
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Adam Barringer View Post

Brett
    That is something that just pisses me off to no end. Out here in AH the community has been trying to get a road punched through to Cold Bay for years. They finally get part of it built and are lobbying for the rest yet every ******med road sign from beginning to where it terminates has been shot up by some of the lowlife yokels out here. Someone even stole the "Please Don't Drink And Drive" sign we put up at the beginning of the road.

I'm at the point to where I'm about to oppose any additional funding or construction on principle alone.
    Now what ?