Thread: A big shout out for Marvin and Son!

Default A big shout out for Marvin and Son!

I had the best experience yet with a halibut charter and it was all because "Ebbtide Charters" had a deal going on the discounted fishing thread. I don't know what happened to that thread, but I have to say that this Father/Son outfit was top notch! Marvin is the most down to earth kind of guy and he won't treat you like you deserve when everybody else is catching and you aren't!.... Dont ask. LOL!

Anyway. If you are looking for a good quality trip with a captain that is friendly (like your best buddy) and willing to help out and offer suggestiions and even throw on a belly belt so that you don't wear out your arms and bruise all over trying to find a good mooring spot while reeling up that heavy lead.... Marvin's the man! I won't use another Captain in the Deep Creek/Ninilchik area. I'm foaming at the mouth waiting to book his boat for silvers in Valdez next year!

Book Ebbtide. You won't be sorry.

Disclaimer: I'm just a dork tourist from Arizona, so this isn't some advertisement fluff B. S. !

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSWA View Post
    Marvin is the most down to earth kind of guy and he won't treat you like you deserve when everybody else is catching and you aren't!.... Dont ask. LOL!

Disclaimer: I'm just a dork tourist from Arizona, so this isn't some advertisement fluff B. S. !
    I heard about your pole shuffle

Glad you had a good time John. I too heard great things about Marvin. I am looking forward to trying to go out with him next year for some butts. Might have to see if he has an opening for those Valdez silvers this year. See ya in September!!!

J
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Default Ebbtide Charters

Thank you gentlemen. Alex and I had a great time fishing with you this year and look forward to meeting more forum members next year. Valdez trips are all booked up this year too. May try to fish over there 2 weeks next year.
    Marvin
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

Great guide, Great son, Great boat = GREAT TIME. We were on the fish from the drop of the herring. Had very very flat seas and were working out way up the size chart. Just getting into the 20+'s when mother nature whipped up the inlet. For just about 3 hours on the water it was a kick ***** time. We did manage to bang one silver also. I would and will go with him again and would HIGHLY suggest the members here give him a try. I love the diamond plate deck on the boat. Fishing all day and never slip once. Marvin keeps that boat so clean during the trip you can eat off of it anywhere. Smooth ride and the Ebbtide will get you there pretty dang fast. It is worth full price IMO we just got lucky he was empty that day.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

What good is a thread without pictures.

Oh and those fish were on a feeding frenzy. They were puking up fish as we were landing them. Im having a brain fart on the name of them though. Thin little critters about 4 inches long. Needlefish I believe
    Last edited by alaskachuck; 08-27-2009 at 14:05.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight