Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What do you do with garbage.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sterling ,Alaska
    Posts
    252

    Default What do you do with garbage.

    What does everyoone do with their garbage between trips to the transfer station. Bear proof trailers? Trailers are a pain. I'm looking for good ideas.

  2. #2
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    maybe burn it?
    Semper Fi!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sterling ,Alaska
    Posts
    252

    Default

    well...as this is a "make it yourself" thread I was thinking of something to make other than a fire. Everyone that has garbage has to do something with it.

  4. #4

    Thumbs up

    I use a compactor for the stuff that won't burn. Then double bag it so it don't leak. I store it in a shed and in winter it freezes real good and will keep til spring, the summer collection gets taken to the transer point in late fall. I burn all the rest. I try to burn the plastic and the rubber things at night, so they don't put off the black smoke, gotta think of the environment and all. Sometimes if I have to much, I'll just slip trench it along with some stumps and brush. Tires and building materials just about always have to get buried, cause you don't want them ganging up. Some biodegradable things get left on the river ice, for mother nature to take it out to sea or cover it up with glacial silt. I don't throw any scrap metal away, it gets put on the metal rack.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    I try to burn the plastic and the rubber things at night, so they don't put off the black smoke, gotta think of the environment and all.
    LMFAO!!!! Took a minute for it to sink in

  6. #6
    Member ret25yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Unit 13
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    send it to the white house...

    If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

  7. #7
    Sponsor ADfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Missing Palmer AK in Phonix AZ.
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    send it to the white house...
    Ya, he can recycle it and help pay for health care.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

  8. #8
    Member greythorn3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chasin the ladys! away!
    Posts
    2,507

    Default

    just let it plie up and when the winds come they put it in your neighbors yard... problem solved.
    Semper Fi!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Craig, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    39

    Default

    We separate all of our trash before it ever leaves the house. It becomes second nature after a while. There are burnables, compost, "recyclable", and trash (plastics, mostly). We use a burn barrel to keep that stuff out of the woodstove, and the compost goes in the yard (the mink like it ), the "recyclables" pile up and eventually go to town, and what little trash piles up gets taken to town when we remember.

  10. #10
    Member ret25yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Unit 13
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    send it to the white house...

    sorry for the misunderstanding .. I meant to say elect it, then send it to the white house.

    If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •