Thread: Anyone fish Campbell Creek in Anchorage?

Default Anyone fish Campbell Creek in Anchorage?

I live in town yet have never fished it before for Silvers. Can anyone recommend a place to go & what kind of gear to use? I've always just used pixies on the Little Su for Silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by MGNiko View Post
    I live in town yet have never fished it before for Silvers. Can anyone recommend a place to go & what kind of gear to use? I've always just used pixies on the Little Su for Silvers.
    I just spent a couple hours driving around to 4 different spots to watch the water, didnt see 1 fish. Of course its pretty dark out with the rain so i couldnt see too far into the deep holes. Went out the other day when it was sunny and saw 4 or 5 kings, no silvers.

I've only fished it a few times so I dont know too many particular spots that are ideal to fish. There is walking/bike trails that run along almost the whole length of the creek. You can fish pretty much anywhere along them, you'll just have to walk through some trees and tall grass to get to it. There is a couple decent spots near the blockbuster on dimond, just paark next to it and walk about 100 yards down the trail. Also if you go south on fairbanks street from intl airport rd theres a place to park and you can walk to several decent spots that are pretty close.
    -

Default I looked above Lake Otis last night.

I saw lots of dying kings and wildlife but no silvers up that far that I could see yet.

A buddy an me would usually fish the waters behind Eddie's Sports bar. The creek isn't directly behind there but maybe 1/4 of a mile or so through a neighborhood along the bike trail. Usually a nice homeless guy back there that can give you the fishing report before you even drop a line in the water. I particularly like the report a couple years ago where he said no fish and the first drift of the fly picked up a bright silver.

Default N8's got it right.

We fish from dowling "bridge" and downstream. That homeless dude was pretty funny.

I hit it hard on Thursday and Friday both and saw zero silvers! A handful of dying Kings went by me though & a few trout were spotted. I had on my waders and make my way up & down the creek for a hundred yards in each direction (roughly beginning just East of the Minnesota/Dimond bridge). Anyway now I'm out of town until Thursday but will try again then. It was still great being on the water; not another soul out there.

Default Campbell Creek

-------SUX-------

lotsa kings, a few humpy's, and a couple dollies. The wife (not me ) pulled out a decent silver late Wed. nite. Sat down there for three-four hours very early sat. morn and didnt even see one silver.

----Sux---as of this afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlip View Post
    lotsa kings, a few humpy's, and a couple dollies. The wife (not me ) pulled out a decent silver late Wed. nite. Sat down there for three-four hours very early sat. morn and didnt even see one silver.
    Good for her!

I again saw zip earlier today...nuts!

So much for the paper. 3-4 grand. lol Maybe a bit late.