Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIRE!!! 20 A upate rex trail is toast with a good chunk of ferry managment

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Unhappy FIRE!!! 20 A upate rex trail is toast with a good chunk of ferry managment

okay so i went to Anchorage and back yesterday...

at 2 am i came through HEaly at 74 degrees outside( unheard of!!!!!) and could see the new glows... the wind was right and wood river complex had good strong glow in the distance, and the Rex Dome one was HOT

so as i get to 268 mile by June creek i can see flames on top the mountian... and 272 mile... i can see flames across the ridges

274 mile my heart sank..

278 mile is my drive way and the hill behind it is roasting....

up to Julias creek... at 286... there is a huge fire line moving fast...

sorry guys REX TRAIL is toase... the fire came over the top... ans as of 3 am had just missed the windy creek homesteaders....

but the cabins... (kabanies) sp? appear to be gone... at 7 mile lake.. it is also my understanding that Blair's mining camp on California creek got clean out... i am nearly positive now that mine is extra crispy...

looks as though it ran California creek to the Totatlanika and will join th wood river blaze if the 20+MPH winds keep at it... at 2 am and 3 am it was 74-78 degrees on the road still and dark... things should be cooling this time of year but little chance of that with out rain...

i did get photos... and will load them as soon as coffee is in me... i have now 4.5 hours sleep after 23 hours yesterday. coffee and off to the office... see ya soon...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thanks for the report Vince and godspeed to those fighting these fires.

Glad I stopped investing in my main hunting trip . CANNED!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Fire Help

Vince, Is the State putting forth an effort to help its residents with their homes, cabins and or property? Are there fire crews, equipment out there preventing further damage? Hang in there, prayers are with you and everyone else up there......

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

from healy side

behind myplace on the rex

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

hmmm, My cousin has a DM 683 cow tag for the Gold king Tat area... I guess he should start making other hunt plans...

Exclamation IMO,they use these fire's to train/learn from. not fight......

" is the State putting forth an effort to help its residents with their homes, cabins and or property".........if they do like the ;
    Boundary fire u are on your own. unless u got your own insurance. u are... sol ... less than "10"
    structures loss with 5 millon arces burnt ....and mine was one of them.....
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Just remember: Fire = Better Moose Habitat

Hope structures remain safe!
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default flying over the flats

interesting to see planes scouting with only 1/2 mile of visibility at the fairbanks airport. how do you spot moose while flying with instruments anyway?
    there will still be plenty of hunters on september 1st. i wonder if anyone will get burned while moose hunting this year

Default Rex

Hey Vince
    Did it get the whole lake at 7 mile? How far east has it spread down the Rex???? My pardner has a any bull tag this year for that area. Never hunted the rex yet this was to be our first year mabe not.

sport, too soon to say... its gonna be a rough year on the rex... i will say that for certian... as the wood river fire is pushing along it also..........

we are hoping it will push far enough back to meet the 01 fire and slow down...so far i have NO actual reports no one knows the full extent of damage... it made 6 miles in 30 min last night. once it hit the black spruce in the flats..

meet on face book here

Well that's a major bummer, hope you don't lose anything Vince. (if you haven't already)
    “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” attributed to Thomas Jefferson

See... that's why I didn't call you back. It was because I was expecting this. It doesn't matter. Do you want me to check on your prop while we are out there? I can do that for you?
    If I have a moment, I'll call or stop by and say hey today. It's a busy one, too... but I'll be in town. Want some coffee?
    Lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    See... that's why I didn't call you back. It was because I was expecting this. It doesn't matter. Do you want me to check on your prop while we are out there? I can do that for you?
    If I have a moment, I'll call or stop by and say hey today. It's a busy one, too... but I'll be in town. Want some coffee?
    swing on by at the office coffee is on...

meet on face book here

Is it raining over your way Vince?

Vince is that your spot at third and steese? Drive by it all the time and just saw a sign the other day...thought about stopping in to introduce myself (since thankfully I don't have any other reason to be there!)

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

okay fire chief report the other night was wrong... it missed the Kabaines cabins on 7 mile, the fire was expected to run out to the highway last night.. but it started a slow sprinkle of rain and slowed it down...

we are getting some rain here but as dry as it is..it is only SLOWING not dowsing...

the fire service in the area... are tight lipped... we do know that some cabins off the Rex have been nailed. my place and our neighbors are currently safe... Windy creek is still in evac mode... Don is still out at the lake... with pumps running. ( sometimes its a blessing that area is so wet)

no word on the mining claim... except that it did in fact run through the ones on California creek... on mine i think the first thing to replace will be the out house... sure was nice way out there

AKj... yeah thats us on third and steece... any one is welcome to swing in...

meet on face book here

Default news update

Motorists warned to avoid Parks Highway as fires rage on

by Casey Grove and Ted Land
    Thursday, August 6, 2009

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Diminished visibility on the Parks Highway due to wildfire smoke has made driving conditions south of Fairbanks so poor that public safety officials are comparing it to severe winter driving, and they're asking motorists to avoid the area altogether.
    State officials ask that travelers use the Richardson Highway to reach the Interior if necessary.
    Fire crews and equipment are stationed along the Parks, and motorists are asked to drive with their headlights on at all times.
    Department of Transportation officials said Wednesday that they may have to close the Parks Highway if the Railbelt Complex fires near Nenana crept closer to the roadway.
    Rain in the Fairbanks area was giving fire crews hope, but fire officials said it would take several days of sustained rain to offset the extreme dry conditions of July.
    For now it's a mixed blessing -- the rain is miserable for firefighters to work in, and dangerous as the ground can be slippery.
    Still, it's a welcome change in the weather.
    The Hard Luck Creek Fire about 20 miles north of Fairbanks moved south to the Bennett Highway and that's where crews were holding it. There was no further structure loss overnight, but three buildings were destroyed Tuesday night. The total size of the blaze is well over 1,000 acres.
    Some Alaska Airlines flights were canceled because of the heavy smoke in Fairbanks. Relief crews from the Lower 48 were on some of those flights, and the help the fire crews need was delayed.
    Meanwhile, Anchorage firefighters and others from around the state are ! heading to the Interior to help in the effort to protect structures.
    The Anchorage Fire Department sent two engines and four firefighters to the area.
    The Municipality of Anchorage will pay for the expense, the fire department said.
    Contact Casey Grove at cgrove@ktuu.com or Ted Land at tland@ktuu.com.

meet on face book here

Just got back from mile 230 on the Parks and it's raining like a monsoon. Hope it makes it a little more north for you guys.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

last report is 20,000 acres monday alone

do you realize that was that in California...... about 250,000+/- people would need new homes?

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast