Thread: 44 specials in a 44 mag.

Default 44 specials in a 44 mag.

Can one shoot 44 special rounds through a 44 magnum? If so is there anything one should worry about on fouling up the pistol?

No problem there. Just be sure NEVER to go the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by buckmark View Post
    Can one shoot 44 special rounds through a 44 magnum? If so is there anything one should worry about on fouling up the pistol?
    Sure can, just clean the case neck ring buildup from the cylinders after shooting a bunch of special through it before shooting mags. Unless you shoot a bunch even that gets taken care of at normal cleanings.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Try it, and it will likely become your favorite way to shoot. Recoil is almost nonexistent compared to the full power mag loads. Much fun...

Default thanks

That is what I thought. I was in a store the other day and the guy behind the counter told me that it wasn't possible so I thought I would ask some others.

It's amazing how so many people that sell guns and ammo know nothing about them. It's almost scary sometimes.Anyway, the history of the .44 mag is that it is a stretched out .44 special. Long story short, Elmer Keith wanted to obtain more power out of a revolver, so he began to hot load the .44 Special. He still wanted more power, so he campaigned for a major company to produce a more powerful version. Remington took up the challenge, and the result was lengthening the case of the .44 special and calling it the .44 Remington Magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by buckmark View Post
    That is what I thought. I was in a store the other day and the guy behind the counter told me that it wasn't possible so I thought I would ask some others.
    If he was an employee, I'd report it to management. If he was the owner, no need darkening the door again. Someone like that behind the counter is doing the store no good at all.

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Default What store was that?

[QUOTE=buckmark;547872] I was in a store the other day and the guy behind the counter told me that it wasn't possible

Buckmark, what store were you in to get such misinformation?