Thread: Kenai Peninsula Fish Storage/Locker Recommendations

Post Kenai Peninsula Fish Storage/Locker Recommendations

Hi everyone! After all the feedback on the Silver Fox Charter I'm turning to you all once again for advice! (You all rock, btw )

We're looking for a fish storage locker on the Kenai, most likely Soldotna but we're open to any suggestions. We've already called one place and were quoted 5 cents per pound, per day. We would need it from anytime in the next few days until the 3rd or 4th week of August. Anyone have the low down on a good, economic place?

Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryLeiLannei View Post
    Hi everyone! After all the feedback on the Silver Fox Charter I'm turning to you all once again for advice! (You all rock, btw )

We're looking for a fish storage locker on the Kenai, most likely Soldotna but we're open to any suggestions. We've already called one place and were quoted 5 cents per pound, per day. We would need it from anytime in the next few days until the 3rd or 4th week of August. Anyone have the low down on a good, economic place?

Thanks a bunch!
    Ed's Kasilof Seafoods. They are right next to the Kenai river bridge in Soldotna. Good people.

Quote Originally Posted by theultrarider View Post
    Ed's Kasilof Seafoods. They are right next to the Kenai river bridge in Soldotna. Good people.
    If your looking to just get fish out of your possession, Ed's Kasilof will not store/freeze it unless they actually process it by filleting, smoking, and/or vaccuuming seal, etc. At least that's what they told me this last Saturday night when I called them after fishing Swiftwater. I know the tackle shop at Gwin's lodge in Cooper Landing stores and freezes fish. That's where I store my fish when I'm camped at the Russian for the weekend. They give you an individual wax fish box to store your fish for $5 a day. Freezer access is only from midnight to 6am if I remember right.

Mary, If you found somewhere that charges 5 cents a pound that is a smoking deal! Where is this at!

Quote Originally Posted by y0gee View Post
    If your looking to just get fish out of your possession, Ed's Kasilof will not store/freeze it unless they actually process it by filleting, smoking, and/or vaccuuming seal, etc. At least that's what they told me this last Saturday night when I called them after fishing Swiftwater. I know the tackle shop at Gwin's lodge in Cooper Landing stores and freezes fish. That's where I store my fish when I'm camped at the Russian for the weekend. They give you an individual wax fish box to store your fish for $5 a day. Freezer access is only from midnight to 6am if I remember right.

Mary, If you found somewhere that charges 5 cents a pound that is a smoking deal! Where is this at!
    Is it a good deal? I'm not sure what the norm is so I'm doing some research before committing. I'll get the name of the place from my dad in the morning and post back. I'm just worried because we're coming up on some serious fishing and are probably going to accumulate a lot of fish. We already have probably 150lbs in the freezer at our cousins but we want to move it out pretty soon. With three of us we're hoping to at least double, if not triple that in the the next few weeks.