Thread: Water entry

Default Water entry

A few pictures of "Minto", my 15 month old Chesapeake. --Karen

I didn't know dogs can fly........nice pics
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Well, they do try to fly! Fortunately there aren't any sticks & the water is deep enough they don't land in muck at this spot. Now if I could just get the old Minolta camera focused faster...

Karen

you may already know but it won't be too long and I'll be training my first 'flying' pup myself........got any more pics?...
    pull my finger....

Default Nice...

action photos...

Default HEY

That looks photo shopped. We all know Chessies can't fly!
    Nice to see you got a humdinger there my friend.

Default Very nice!

I love watching my chocolate take the "leap" in the water. I could throw for him all day long! Got some more training to do with him with a dummy and shotgun. Can't wait to put him to use this fall!

Hey Rat,

Not photo shopped at all -- have never even tried to use that. This spindly-legged dog runs hard, swims fast & is really fun to work with. How's Roca???? Do you have any new photos of her?

Karen

Default fine as frogs hair

Roca is healthy, at least for the moment. Scott Flamme, DVM and orthopedic surgeon put her back together. Except for a scar, you can't see any problem with her gait. She is still way too fast for her own good.
    Somehow she laid her eyebrow open the other day. Come to think of it she was playing with a buddies chessie. Probably that mean 10 month old chessie tried to take a chunk out of her. Another $350 laid out closed that up nicely.
    I'll try to get some photos put on the forum of her. Water entry is getting better daily. The other day she was airborne both going and coming back. That was awesome. She hit the water hard, swam across the channel, picked up the bumper, and ran back just as hard as she left. She leapt into the water from the other side. It was fun to see her from the front.

I've got two chessies on the truck right now. Both have hard charging water entries. One is male the other female.
    Wonderful to watch, but it's enough to make you cringe when you know the water is shallow.
    I've gotta get photos of the chessie male running. He may give your pup a run for it's money.

Yes, they may be fun to watch & flashy, but pretty scary at times! They can really get hurt if you don't watch for hazards & water depths. This gravel pit is clean, no sticks at this spot, and drops off fast. Are you running either Chessie in the hunt tests at Turnagain Pass or Pt. MacKenzie?

tjm -- I did hear you're getting a puppy & can't wait until they're old enough to go visit, but bet you can hardly wait!! Stop by the hunt tests these next 2 weekends if you're in the area. There will be several Chesapeakes there.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by 3CBRS View Post
    Stop by the hunt tests these next 2 weekends if you're in the area. There will be several Chesapeakes there.

Karen
    Moose opens monday so I'll be gone by sunday but Saturday is open for me....where are the hunt test at?...you mentioned Pt Mac and Turnagain...is that where they are?
    pull my finger....

This weekend they're at Turnagain Pass with headquarters on the right just after the highway crosses Lyon Creek. It's just a bit down the road from the rest area. Next weekend they're at Pt. MacKenzie at Falcon Ridge, with headquarters at the Pt. MacKenzie store.

Yep. I'll be there. Master and Senior running tomorrow.
    I have a clients chessie that I will be running in Junior Saturday and Sunday.
    See you there.

no good this weekend but should be free next weekend for Pt Mac...is this an event that I can bring my little boys to?...if so, do I drive all the way to Falcons Ridge and park?

thanks for the heads up
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    no good this weekend but should be free next weekend for Pt Mac...is this an event that I can bring my little boys to?...if so, do I drive all the way to Falcons Ridge and park?
    Your little boys are welcome to watch the hunt tests this weekend, so long as they're okay with birds being shot. Judges will usually designate an area for the gallery [i.e. spectators & such] where they won't interfere with the working dogs, but hopefully be able to see. And yes, drive all the way to Falcon Ridge & watch for signs and a group of vehicles. Junior & Master tests run Saturday in separate locations on the grounds, then Junior & Senior on Sunday. Will keep an eye out for you!

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by 3CBRS View Post
    Will keep an eye out for you!

Karen
    I'll be the guy with no hair, 2 little boys (3 & 4), and the beautiful wife...
    pull my finger....