Thread: Friday

Default Friday

Seems only fair to warn everyone that I will be leaving upstate NY and heading for Alaska as of Friday, August 7.

Yes, I will be hunting caribou somewhere near Chicken for Forty-Mile caribou and then headed to Kodiak for some ocean fishing and deer hunting. I will plan on posting some pictures here when I return (if I can't figure it out myself, I'll get stranger to teach me - and BTW, that isn't meant to be an insult - I really like his posts).

This is trip #13 to Alaska - all DIY hunts with a former student and my nephew. I can hardly wait - there really aren't many caribou and/or blacktails in upstate NY.

Check today's ADN regarding status of the Steese.

Yea, but we are lacking the white tail and turkey population here. Good luck with the hunt, just watch the news and maybe give the AF&G at Tok a call ref. the fires this summer. From what I've seen, not a lot of burning near chicken, but a lot of smoke in the area. Spent 3 years at Fort Drum(actually, 2 years at Drum, one chasing bad guys around the sand box).

hope you have a great trip and good luck! ill tell you what the smoke up in nw alaska is terrible you cant see past 200-300 yrds up here right now. pray for wind!!

Default 40 mile herd

Good luck on the "Chicken Ridge rally", I know four guys I work with that are going up on Friday and claiming their spot.

Syracuse, New York, Wasilla, Alaska, United States

Default Phil...

I'll be driving up from Caz on the 27th. Maybe I'll pass you on the highway at some point. Good luck

Smile Good luck!

Hey Phil.

Hope you have a couple of great hunts, and manage to catch a few fish while you're at it. Be sure to take lots of pictures. I'll be looking forward to the after-hunt posts.

Side note... probably won't get back to WY until November - maybe hunt some birds. But I'll be expecting to see some pictures.

I can't believe hunting season's finally here - about time!
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

See you up there Phil, i am heading to chicken on Saturday.

Default Get Um Phil!

Good Luck Big Guy! I am envious....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the good wishes. Dave & I will have fun - if we shoot something - that will be a bonus. Pictures are sure to follow.

B-Radford: If you see a Grizzly 770 with a bald, 6'5",350 pound man AND a Foreman 400 with an old guy going somewhere on the trail - be sure to stop us and introduce yourself. I'll be the old guy and I always like to meet new folks.

Other than that, it's a good thing I haven't been a smoker - now I can get my lungs filled with NATURAL smoke.

Default Friday

Good luck! I will be heading up (not to Chicken) on the 19th. Looking forward to the pictures.