Thread: Thanks Liv2fish87 for the drift!

Default Thanks Liv2fish87 for the drift!

I gotta send out a BIG thanks to Liv2fish87 for the great time we, (my son and I) had with him drifting the Kenai yesterday.
    He asked if I was free to drift and I told him I had my son with me (he's 7). He said that's fine.
    So my son was on fire. He caught a couple real nice bows. The funny thing was Liv2fish87 recommended a washed out apricot dew drop triple dotted blood speck bead (kidding) and my boy asked for the cherry bomb. Right after that, POW! the big bow for the day. I can't catch a bow to save my life (right AKChuck) and here he is 1st day, Fish on!
    The best part though was him casting, hooking, and getting reds to the boat for me and Liv2fish87to net.
    He struggled to get them in but was having the best time and wouldn't give up. On the way home he said "That was my best day ever. He's cool. Can we get a boat?" Ugh!
    Thanks Liv2fish87!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Right on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd View Post
    Absolutely Awesome!!!!
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

Good stuff man, thanks for sharing. Glad you and the boy had a nice day on the water. Precious memories no doubt.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Way to go Jose. I told you Chuck. The next time Im taking Reese and your staying at camp to tend the fire. I told you the night before Jose would put you on fish. He is a good fisherman and Im glad he lived up to his rep.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

No lie there brother. Jose has my respect.
    My son outfished me! AND hooked reds with Jose's 12wt and my 8wt.
    Good stuff. We're definately addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    way to go jose. I told you chuck. The next time im taking reese and your staying at camp to tend the fire (and prime the lantern of death!!!). I told you the night before jose would put you on fish. He is a good fisherman and im glad he lived up to his rep.

Default What a day!

Yeah that was definently a good day man! Im very thankful You and Reese were able to make the trip with me. You guys honestly did ME the favor there. Im not one really for loading my boat by myself and my regular fishin buddy was stuck in town!
    I've been tellin ya we got to get your son on the river in a boat! Just a flat out better experience.... Then, each of us limitting out and not even getting off the boat to do so? I tried callin the apricot but i got veto'd with the Cherry bomb and thats all she wrote. By the way, because of Reese's Massacre, my boat looks like a butcher shop! Definently not the first time shes been washed off though!

Also thanks akchuck, it means alot coming from a fisherman of your caliber. The water was extremely high so the spots were slim pickins. But all around an awesome day wish you could have mobbed with us.
    Go Fish

Saw you guys fishing Sunday on the upper river and it was fun watching the little guy hook up. It is always great to introduce the next generation of young Alaskans to the wonders that mother nature provides. The video is a hoot. Keep on hooking 'em up Reese! Tight lines.

Chuckd that is awesome!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait my little girl is 5 and my boy is 4 in November.I had them fishing at the Russian for reds a few weeks ago and they loved it.Great job.

GREAT JOB JOSE. That will bring some serious fish karma, thanks for taking care of the man and his son who took care of my mom the first week she was ill.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

haha...I had to watch that video twice......."horse it buddy...horse it...Classic! what was sweet video!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/