Thread: North American Fishing Club

Default North American Fishing Club

I got a piece of junk mail from the "North American Fishing Club" today. It looked like a scam so I tossed it, but came to work and did a search on it. It seems that it is a way to milk money out of people, but they send you just enough cheep stuff to keep it legal. My question is who did I register my fishing products with that sold my info tho this company? I like to register anything with a waranty to be on the safe side, but this is the only way that they could have goten my info and know that I am a fisher. So who's products should I avoid registering in the future? Or if they do not make great products I will just avoid the company entirely. Thanks
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Default Fishing license sales...

Fish Alaska magazine gets our addresses from F & W when you purchase a fishing license. Thats why you get a random magazine from them every once in a while.
    Maybe more than one Co. gets thier hit list from them?!
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Fish Alaska magazine gets our addresses from F & W when you purchase a fishing license. Thats why you get a random magazine from them every once in a while.
    Maybe more than one Co. gets thier hit list from them?!
    BK
    Or they could get it from fish alaska magazine. I used to suscribe to them too. I have sent in registration cards for:
    Okuma
    Plano
    St Croix
    WW Griggs
    Diowa
    Shimano
    ???

Anyone else who got one of these "offers" register with one of these companys?
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

well if they are ANYTHING like north american hunting club

you can bet on it...

i wound up taking those guys to court for billing me for things i did not order...

they would send a box

i would refuse the box

they would bill you for the box

then send you to collections when you did not pay it...

our you were stuck paying 19-45.00 per package on things YOU NEVER ASKED FOR!!!!!!!

when they finally settled... and removed all the collections... they had the nuts to ask for the lifetime member gifts back..... the ones i never actually got....

got a good speal on saving the out doors and being a gear tryer.... but forget it... you will be out tons$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Just an FYI - those registration cards are only used for marketing purposes. Companies use the info on them to collect demographic info on who buys their stuff, and also at times to create mailing lists. You do NOT need to fill them out to validate warranties. All you need is your sales receipt.

I haven't had the troubles described earlier with them, but they do like to send a fair amount of cheap stuff early on, while offering "exclusive" opportunities to get their dvd's books, lifetime membership etc. After a while the free product tests stop and forget the periodic free gifts. And their magazine, while it would be useful if you live in the south w/ a ton of bass or pan fish, is a bit lacking in other species other than the occasional article. Definately a money milking organization. But then again, you do have a little chance to win some big prize in one of their drawings.

When I find garbage like that in my PO box I never open it but write on it "return to sender", it usually stops after a few times because they have to pay the postage on the return.

Thanks all, but it still does not tell me which company sold my information to the !@#$%^.

Talking the correct answer to your ?

is:
    probably ALL of them.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post

got a good speal on saving the out doors and being a gear tryer.... but forget it... you will be out tons$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Became a Lifetimer in 2000, the only try this item out that I have recieved was some junk fishing line. I dont get the calendars, coins, books and whatever else they try to force upon you. I think on one of the little cards that comes with that stuff, there is a dont send anymore stuff box. Still waiting on getting a ranger boat to field test.
    www.onestopoutfitting.com
    Some worry, others prepare
    Items for your outdoor needs, specializing in emergency prep.

I wouldn't waste my money on them. NAH has a half-ast decent magazine, but it isn't worth the headache of being a member.
    Now what ?

Default You'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by garnede View Post
    Thanks all, but it still does not tell me which company sold my information to the !@#$%^.
    I worked as an IT guy at a direct mail marketing company many years ago. Companies seldom "buy" names, they rent them. Mailing lists are traded with a number of decoy names that prevent companies from violating their rental agreements. Once you actually order from one, they know you're not a decoy and then they can junk mail you forever as well as rent you to someone else.

The company I worked for was a "Christmas gift giving" company and they got names from Playboy to Soldier of Fortune and everyone in between. It made no sense to me where they got their names, but I don't have a college degree in marketing either . Just the fact that you have an Alaska zip code and have an address makes you a likely candidate.

Third class mail is not returned to sender. It is always mailed to you "or Current Resident". This is because #1 - they don't want it back and #2 - if you've moved, the person who is in your former residence is demographically similar to you.

The up side is that USPS mail is one of the only things out there that is still free. Costs me nothing to receive it and throw away.

Thumbs up here is how i solved these things ,long ago...

garnede said- (Thanks all, but it still does not tell me which company sold my information to the ! @ # $ %^.) 1st: USE A DIFFERNT MIDDLE INTAIL.. LIKE THIS ; "BOB B. THOMAS" THEN NEXT TIME USE "BOB m. THOMAS" etc keep keep track of what u do in your "Warranty file" .....then have at'em when u get the "bs" mailings....
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......