Thread: went riding up ruby king river area atc

Default went riding up ruby king river area atc

heres me riding the atc it was a good time. went all the way to the 3rd lake thats 28 miles from the trail head.

Ray
    Semper Fi!

How did you get 28 miles back? Where did you park and get to the 3rd lake back from there? does the lake have a name?

Default I think

he made 2 trips in, with one wrong turn that made him start over, and then he checked his odometer when he got to ruby lake, which would make that one trip not counting the ride out a 28 mile ride into the third lake, he only saw once!! or something like that..

i was assuming that was ruby lake.. the third lake up in the moutains! 28 miles in and 28 out by my sisters odometer on her 4 wheeler.. my butt was sore with no rear suspensioN!
    Semper Fi!

Ruby Lake is only about 6 miles back on the trail from where the Kings river crosses under the Glenn and meets up with the Matanuska River. Heres a pic from the south end of the lake.

heck thats the first lake!!! its the one in my orignal picture.. i dont know what the next 2 lakes are named then!
    Semper Fi!

Where are the next two lakes located? Are they back on the trail above Youngs Creek (would run above the left side of the pic below and heads up above the tree line)? That trail runs into a small pond/lake with a nice clearing for camping on the right side located just above Ruby Lake and then continues on above Youngs creek.

I've never taken the right turn onto the Pinochle trail so that area would be a new adventure for me someday. Anything interesting along that trail also?

just keep going, the 2nd one is really close to ruby.. the third is way out above tree line pretty much..
    Semper Fi!