Thread: Great Grayling on the Denali

Default Great Grayling on the Denali

Today was an awesome day to fish at Seattle creek on the Cantwell side! It was 68 degrees and we caught so many fish it was almost tiring We got our fair share of little guys but also a couple beautiful 14" fish that were fun in such a small creek. Anyway that was my first time out for Grayling. All were caught on gold bead nymphs.

Cool Sweet

Welcome to the world of denali highway grayling fishin!!! SOunds like a pretty awesome day

Fish On!

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Wait until you try dry's. My two year old hit quite a few. I stopped counting at 100 every day that we were there.

I spent more time hiking than fishing.
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Default First trip across Denali

The wife and I are heading out later this week for our first trip across the Denali Highway. We are driving a 24ft RV with hopes the road is in fair shape. We are looking for some Grayling fishing for the first time. Any info for some first timers would be appreciated. We are hoping Tangle lakes would be a good place for camping and fishing as well as the streams that cross the road. Has anyone been picking Blueberries yet?

Tight Lines
    RD

I'm heading onto the Denali Highway from the Cantwell side Saturday. My buddy just returned today and stated the road was in great shape, the rental R.V.'s were running at least 45 the whole way.

Oh yes the road was in excellent shape! I tried to watch the scenery but my lead foot did have us traveling at 55mph a number of times until I realized it!
    I'll need to try experimenting with different flies next time

My mom and I and my two girls are heading out on Friday afternoon! good to hear that the road is in great shape, the grayling are happy and ready to be caught and the possibility of blueberries is exciting!

Default Grayling

Spent Sunday thru Wednesday in the Tangle Lakes/Maclaren River area and the road was in great shape. Great fishing to be had as well. Bigger fish were caught in the MacLaren River area than in the Tangle Lakes area. Lots of hand size fish caught in Tangle Lakes. Sun was out and no smoke to be seen so it was a great fishing trip.

Awesome! Grayling are an absolute riot on the fly!

Had a great trip! need to go back for longer next time. Caught a beautiful 17" grayling in a nice little pool outta Clearwater Creek. Sun shining, berries plentiful, fish were fun!

Had a great time with the family on our trip. Caught two over 15" in a few hours fishing. Definately not complaining. Pics of a couple of 12 inchers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camping 2009 028.jpg   Camping 2009 036.jpg