Thread: Slivers

Default Slivers

Heading up next weekend, where should I start looking for Slivers?

Thank you,

Hortuna

Default slivers....

First of all, welcome to the forum.

If looking for slivers, it would be best to give folks some idea of where you are "heading up" to. Big state
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Great Quesiton D

I am under the assumption road side fishing based on the two previous post.

The Mouth of Willow, Little Willow, Montana Creek and if you like bears Troublesome creek.

If you heading down towards the Kenai Bird Creek should be starting but hey also have a couple of bears.

Valdez fishing can be fun! Seward snagging should be in full swing!

Have fun and tight lines

Blue Moose

Thank you! As for now it's the Mat Su Valley, down the peninsula a few days later. We'll be traveling in an RV, so casmping close by would be great.

Thank you,

Hortuna

Traveling in the Matsu with an RV, I would give the mouth of Willow Creek a try...the campground is right there and you could walk down to fish. When I had fished it a week ago there were only a few silvers in but things should be improving soon if they haven't already. Its the same story everywhere from what I've heard so that's my suggestion.

Thank you very much! Were planning on the mouth of Willow. Do you know the name of that campground? Any others in that area or down the peninsula you recommend? we would really like to fish where we camp.

Thanks again,

Hortuna

Willow Creek State Recreational Area is its official name...most people just call it Willow Creek Campground though. Montana Creek State Recreation Site is right up the road around mile 96 I believe but its about double the price per night since its a privately managed campground. There are plenty of others down on the peninsula but I'm not as familiar with them since I work up at Nancy Lake State Recreational Area. Here's a link though... http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/aspunits/mappage.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Hortuna View Post

Any others in that area or down the peninsula you recommend? we would really like to fish where we camp.

Check out the Russian River Campground near Cooper Landing on the Kenai Peninsula. Looking online the other night, I see that several of the lots in that campground are beside the Russian River. There is a trail you can follow up the river and fish. Also, this campground is centrally located to some of the best fishing on the peninsula. New to the area myself, but check out Alaska Troutfitters (Cooper Landing) and Gwins Lodge websites for more info. Both have very detailed websites and a quick Google search will find them.

http://alaskaoutdoorjournal.com/Fish...sian2reds.html

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

The Little Susitna River
    You can go to the Burma Landing boat launch and campground and camp there as well as walk in fishing. The Silvers are in and no pinks to contend with. Flies, spinners, or bait, your choice. Good luck