Thread: Bush Pilot Roadside book?

Default Bush Pilot Roadside book?

Hey is there any books for like the bush pilot alaskan version of "roadside" camping? Got my plane and private pilots liscense and ready to do some exploring. I want to fly and campout. I don't know if camping next to a strip is the norm? Trying to find like the highway anglers guide for a plane. Like to land and then walk to a creek or lake and camp and go back and fly to the next spot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

GS

Check out the Alaska Airmen Logbook it has a lot of this kind of information about flying in and around Alaska, including routes up from the lower 48 states. I am not sure if it is listed on their website but give them a call, it is well worth the money. www.Alaskaairmen.org

Default Camping with an airplane in AK

Quote Originally Posted by GlacierShaker View Post
    Hey is there any books for like the bush pilot alaskan version of "roadside" camping? Got my plane and private pilots liscense and ready to do some exploring. I want to fly and campout. I don't know if camping next to a strip is the norm? Trying to find like the highway anglers guide for a plane. Like to land and then walk to a creek or lake and camp and go back and fly to the next spot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

GS
    See the following link/

http://alaska.woodenpropeller.com/

Alaska Gazetteer!

Milepost is a good tool as is this For pure fun check out this guy.