Thread: Hoppe's 9 vs. Hoppe's 9 + vs. Hoppes Bore cleaner???

Default Hoppe's 9 vs. Hoppe's 9 + vs. Hoppes Bore cleaner???

What is what? I see that Hoppe's 9 is a bore cleaner, then the have the Hoppe's 9+ which is a bore cleaner as well, then again they have the Hoppe's Copper solvent bore cleaner? So which Hoppe's to buy?

I bought the cheapest one I could find, Hoppe's 9 for $7.95 for 5oz. size, & saw the copper solvent bore cleaner for $17.95...:O Holy Moley! that was an easy answer...

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    What is what? I see that Hoppe's 9 is a bore cleaner, then the have the Hoppe's 9+ which is a bore cleaner as well, then again they have the Hoppe's Copper solvent bore cleaner? So which Hoppe's to buy?

I bought the cheapest one I could find, Hoppe's 9 for $7.95 for 5oz. size, & saw the copper solvent bore cleaner for $17.95...:O Holy Moley! that was an easy answer...
    That extry Ammonia must be spensive, huhn?

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Been useing #9 sence 65

I even like the smell of good old #9. I also mix it with Kano Kroil (50/50 solution) as a bore cleaner.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post

I use plain old #9 for cleaning centerfire and rimfire. The Plus version is for blackpowder, both for bore cleaning and as a patch lube. I've only used the copper solvent to clean up barrels on used guns that went too long without cleaning or were fired too often while hot and built up copper fouling- I think of it as first aid for troubled guns. For general use, go with plain old #9.