Thread: Bulit Drop Comp Scopes

Default Bulit Drop Comp Scopes

I have been doing research on BDC scopes for my new 30-378 rifle. I just read the American Hunter article on BDC scopes, but I would like to hear from some people that might have used these. I id not know that there was soo many scope manufactures out there that made these models. From what I have read the Ziess scope is the best and cost the most. So maybe you get what you pay for.

Thank you for any help.

Moose

Default bdc scope

Buddy of mine shoots with the Leupold model and he shoots 500 yds. pretty good using the built in crosses.
    I would like to use one but can't afford that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose381 View Post
    I have been doing research on BDC scopes for my new 30-378 rifle. I just read the American Hunter article on BDC scopes, but I would like to hear from some people that might have used these. I id not know that there was soo many scope manufactures out there that made these models. From what I have read the Ziess scope is the best and cost the most. So maybe you get what you pay for.

Thank you for any help.

Moose

Default bdc

Have always wanted to shoot through one, but can't bring myself to buy. I can't seem to get past all the crap & clutter being in view.

Not saying there's anything wrong with them, just not for me.

Been running a range card and either holding over or turning turrets for so many years it's just second nature for me, and I've been known to have a bit of an aversion to change so maybe I'm missing out.... probably won't ever know.

The guys I know that have them and use them, love them.

What kind of money you able to spend?

I am a 300 yard hunter. Not that it wouldn't be worth learning to shoot farther than that I just don't care to put the time or practice into it. My view is simple, If I put the range finder on an animal and it is beyond 300 yards I keep "hunting" untill it is in range. All of my rifles that I would shoot at those distances are capable of a 300+ yard MPBR so that is what I set them up for. Then just keep sneaking till the magic red numbers on the leica reads 299 or less put cross hairs on kill zone and concentrate on just squeezing that trigger