Thread: Dillon Reloading equipment

Default Dillon Reloading equipment

Does anyone know where you can buy Dillon equipment? I am wanting to upgrade my 550 to a 650 but noone in the FBKS area seems to carry Dillon. The only one that used to was Pro-Tec and they stopped because of shipping costs. It is $50 in shipping alone. I love my 550 and want a fully progressive but didn't want to get the Lock-N-Load.

Default Dillon ?

I would start calling the ammo stores that are reasonably close to you and ask them if they carry any Dillon products. Don't waste your time with the big box stores unless Sportsman's Whse. will order for you. Other then that I would call Dillon and eat the shipping cost.

Please don't turn this into bashing one or the other but why pay extra for shipping a Dillon when it sounds like the lock-n-load is available in town? Hornady will even give 1000 bullets for the price of shipping if you buy the lock-n-load. Is it a Ford/Chevy thing or is there really a difference in quality to make it worth shipping a Dillon in?

Quote Originally Posted by de03x7 View Post
    Please don't turn this into bashing one or the other but why pay extra for shipping a Dillon when it sounds like the lock-n-load is available in town? Hornady will even give 1000 bullets for the price of shipping if you buy the lock-n-load. Is it a Ford/Chevy thing or is there really a difference in quality to make it worth shipping a Dillon in?
    No this isn't a bashing thing, Dillon equipment really is better by design and in a league of its own. I Dillon 650 is a very well designed machine that makes loading large quantities of ammo go very easy. Dillon has the very best of tech support and a lifetime warranty. Buy it direct and pay the shipping...its worth every penny. When you start being cheap and settle for less than the best you will regret it. I have probably loaded a million rounds of ammo on the Dillon machines, they have no equal and they make match winning ammunition.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    No this isn't a bashing thing, Dillon equipment really is better by design and in a league of its own. I Dillon 650 is a very well designed machine that makes loading large quantities of ammo go very easy. Dillon has the very best of tech support and a lifetime warranty. Buy it direct and pay the shipping...its worth every penny. When you start being cheap and settle for less than the best you will regret it. I have probably loaded a million rounds of ammo on the Dillon machines, they have no equal and they make match winning ammunition.
    Well said, I love my 550B and I picked it up second hand.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/Dillo...hines-8-1.html

The reason I want to stick with Dillon is because i already have my 550 setup and if I go to a L-N-L that is just two sets of equipment to keep up with like pick up tubes, powder bars and such. Plus, I love Dillon's customer service. Any time I've had a problem with my 550 which was rare, I would call them, they would actually talk to me about it and I would have a replacement part, free of charge in about a week. 1000 free bullets isn't really enough to make me change to another press. Dont get me wrong, I've heard good things about the L-N-L too but I'm one of those guys who doesn't like change, especially when I've found something as good as Dillon. I guess I'll just eat the shipping cost.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

dillion reloading machinces are in a class of there own and i would tell every to buy one .

I have had my Rl550b almost 20 yrs. Have had 4 probs. with it. 2 were operator malfunction And the tech. walked me thru it over the phone. The other 2 were broken parts, and 1 of those was my fault. Dillon sent me both parts free of charge even tho I had explained that I broke one of the parts myself. A little hard to beat service like that. I have loaded way over 1m. rds and like a timex watch, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Gun Runner

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    Does anyone know where you can buy Dillon equipment? I am wanting to upgrade my 550 to a 650 but noone in the FBKS area seems to carry Dillon. The only one that used to was Pro-Tec and they stopped because of shipping costs. It is $50 in shipping alone. I love my 550 and want a fully progressive but didn't want to get the Lock-N-Load.
    I bought my Dillon at SW in Anchorage a year or so ago, but I don't know if they are still carrying them or not. If not, I'd order direct from Dillon. I really like my progressive for pistol and 223.
    Doc

May not be helpful, but if you get to Anchorage, check with Gun Traders on Muldoon. They used to sell Dillon, at least accessories. I've gone in for conversion kits, tool heads, etc. But it has been a while since I checked.

I think the only place to get Dillon stuff now is mail order from them

I have heard nothing but good things about ordering from www.brianenos.com
    Excellent support and lots of good info.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by wildalaska View Post
    i think the only place to get dillon stuff now is mail order from them

ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

yeah except you dont always know what you are getting

Gun Traders in Muldoon is the place. Prices for my press and most of the other equipment were below factory without shipping. I've enjoyed dealing with the owners too. I think it's technically called the New Gun Traders, but here's their # 907-337-6522.

Default No Place in FBX anymore...

Pro-Tec out on Van Horn used to carry Dillon's but don't anymore. They got out of them about a year ago or so. They have a few odds and ends left over but no machines. Gotta go with mail-order.
    Dan

"May the gods keep the wolves in the hills and the women in our beds!" Menalaus -Troy

+1 on Gun Traders. Small shop with friendly people and they have some dillon stuff in stock. Can't say anything about Dillon's no BS warrenty as I've only had my 550b for about 15 years and nothing has ever gone wrong. I wouldn't change brands in your case either although had the Hornady been available at the time I may have went with it. Very happy with the Dillon though.