Thread: Sitka Summer

Default Sitka Summer

Here are a few plant pictures from the last couple days. We have had plenty of sun here this year.

Bruce
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Very nice. Enjoying the 70-200 L

Thanks Ray. I think I took these with an ef-s 17-55 2.8 though.

The smoke is bad up in the interior. Each morning before we started dredging the air was cool and heavy with smoke. I hope it is not keeping you from doing anything and I hope it is not threatening your family or any of your buildings.

This was taken in the late evening through the smoke on Little Fox Lake in the Yukon. Morels, fireweed and sunsets. I hope everyone is safe.

Bruce
    Last edited by olga1913; 08-01-2009 at 00:36. Reason: wrong time on picture-time change and improperly set
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Very nice, Bruce.

And yes, the smoke has been a pain in the neck this year. It's heavy, and ashes falling like snow, sometimes. Now there is another fire that has tripled in size overnight near Circle But the one bringing most of the smoke to North Pole and Fairbanks is the Wood River Fire, which gas grown quite a lot lately. earlier this week, I believe it had consumed around 87,000 square miles of forest already.

Default wow!!!!!!!

Gorgeous! Keep 'em coming!

Default Sitka Colors

Some brown and pinks.

This sow and her two cubs are making almost daily appearances at a local stream after the pinks. A younger male is also in the area. Ten foot tapeworm time.

Bruce

More great shots!!! Man, I am sure jealous, would love to get some shots like those of the big bears.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"