Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATV doesn't not mean Automatic Trespass Vehicle

Default ATV doesn't not mean Automatic Trespass Vehicle

So last night as I am relaxing with the hubby and watching Grey's Anatomy we hear this noise of a 4-wheeler, think nothing of it until we actually look outside and see it right smack dead in our drive way. Now for those who don't know, our driveway is fenced off with metal fencing all over and around. Well you know I was pissed, but my husband was FUMING. he walks outside seeing the only 2, and all of a sudden here comes another one. *** is going on. I look down from where they came, they crushed down our treeline in the woods, and then had the audacity to tell my husband, WE GOT LOST!! I AM SO F-ING TIRED OF HEARING THAT EXCUSE- YOU BOUT TO GET YOUR ASS BEAT THE NEXT TIME, IF NOT FROM MY HUSBAND ME AND I WILL CONFISCATE YOUR STUPID ASS 4-WHEELERS.

People with ATV's need to understand, when there are private property signs on property, it means STAY THE HELL OUT!!! IT IS REALLY STARTING TO SHOW WHAT THE PUBLIC EDUCATION SYSTEM IS REALLY LIKE!!!!

ATV does not means AUTOMATIC TRESPASS VEHICLE, again I say.

So what are property owners rights. I still have yet to find out. I hear you can make a citizen's arrest, MY ASS because you know how SUE happy they are and won't hesitate to accuse you of hurting them and making you pay their hospital bill and even some extra money for mental distress. I could confiscate the ATV, but then that would cause them to get in a confrontation.

So again I ask WHAT ARE PROPERTY OWNERS RIGHTS WHEN IT COMES TO TRESPASSERS ON ATVS?

We can't take a picture of their license plate, for they don't have one, we can catch them unless they are idiots and lost, but then how long are they really wanting to stick around, and by the time the TROOPERS, not the NORTH POLE Police arrive, they will be long gone. I am not speaking ill of the police, but trying to get you all to understand that we live in the State Troopers Jurisdiction and their arrival time is 30 minutes out.

So if anyone knows what our rights as property owners are towards ATV's feeling as if they own the **** roadways and trails, please let me know, because it might just take my husband going to jail for assault before something actually gets done about this problem, and it shouldn't have to go that far.

This doesn't go for all respectable ATV drivers, but remember these people who don't respect others property are making a bad name for all ATV owners.

Oh yah one more thing just because there is an Alyeska Pipeline easement, doesn't mean Alyeska owns it all. We live off the easement like many other in our neighborhood, and Aleyska has our PERMISSION to use it. So please remember that next time you think the easement is public use, because it isn't.

And for those who are the culprits for doing this disrespectful act, how would you like it if I were to take my truck and drive on your property ruining it. Just some food for thought.

I know you're upset, but coming here and making your 1st post in the ATV section sounds like you are accusing all ATV riders.

It is ashame that these people did not respect your signs and property, but I doubt the culprits frequent this forum. You would be better off doing something in your local community public forum. You might get better results and the answers to your questions.

I do would not like someone turning their boat around in my grass, but I wouldn't go to a Alaska boating forum and complain about all the boaters and lump them into the same group as those commiting the trespass.

Good luck with keeping them out and getting your tree line back in order.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Snug View Post
    I know you're upset, but coming here and making your 1st post in the ATV section sounds like you are accusing all ATV riders.

It is ashame that these people did not respect your signs and property, but I doubt the culprits frequent this forum. You would be better off doing something in your local community public forum. You might get better results and the answers to your questions.

I do would not like someone turning their boat around in my grass, but I wouldn't go to a Alaska boating forum and complain about all the boaters and lump them into the same group as those commiting the trespass.

Good luck with keeping them out and getting your tree line back in order.
    also the folks on this forum are great in every aspect and willing with in reason to help you find what you need. there have been several discussions of trespass lately and a quick search of our threads will locate them for you along with links to the statutes that deal with your situation...

that is a very strong first post. i hope you take the time to come back and get to know us all a Little better.

Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Agreed that it is in poor form to lay down such a flaming post like this. There are much better ways to handle such problems.

Quote Originally Posted by alicat View Post
    Oh yah one more thing just because there is an Alyeska Pipeline easement, doesn't mean Alyeska owns it all. We live off the easement like many other in our neighborhood, and Aleyska has our PERMISSION to use it. So please remember that next time you think the easement is public use, because it isn't.
    However, Alyeska does rely on the public and the land owners to report things like this. Alyeska doesn't condone the use of the Right of Way for linear transit either. If these guys are on the ROW and do not have a RUG, there is recourse. Call your local pipeline Security SUPERVISOR and talk to them about it.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

It's going to take the mods some time to edit that post. Seriously, this isn't the place to post that kind of rant along with the foul language, we do have young one's that read these forums. Personally I don't really care but there are others that do so have a little respect for them.

Default Well Said

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    also the folks on this forum are great in every aspect and willing with in reason to help you find what you need. there have been several discussions of trespass lately and a quick search of our threads will locate them for you along with links to the statutes that deal with your situation...

that is a very strong first post. i hope you take the time to come back and get to know us all a Little better.

Vince
    I agree whole heartedly. Just like ATV riders, US LE types are not bad either. Response times can be awhile, especially if you have large areas to cover like state troopers.....IMO 30 minutes in that area was pretty good.

The post may have been strong but I think it's a good reminder of how frustrated some property owners are getting. I've had one rather tense confrontation with a property owner after some other ATV'er shot her dog. The problem, beyond that these property owners are having their rights trampled on, is that it's going to inevitably create a potentially dangerous situation for law abiding ATV'ers.

To me, this is a reminder that we need to police our own as best we can. Confront or report scofflaws, so that they don't ruin it for all of us.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

I know it is frustrating but your post is so strong that anger management comes to mind and if you become so enraged, then someone will end up in jail and it won't be the Atv trespassers.

Its not strong, it appears to be written by a "Flying off the handle" type, the kind of which just killed an 8 year old boy down in the states, beacause they thought they were trespassing, and come to find out, they weren't.

"Here Ma its ur'n turn take a crack at the one crawl'n away."

Welcome to the board.

whats the gps cords of your property?
    Semper Fi!

So......I'm taking that your not going to be a regular around here?

I agree that what happen shouldn't have. (According to your desrciption both parties could have handled it better.)

But on the opposite side of the token....I don't think posting a rant and rave for a first post on the forum was nessasary. By doing so, it looks as if you are accusing someone in this forum for the wrong doing. I highly doubt it was a member.

This group (Forum) of people while we often do not agree with each others politics, we are respectable, law-abiding citizens and are a close knit group.

I do hope you will stick around long enough to see that.

Ben
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Ok it was incredibly stupid for the guy to be on your property but your not a bigger person for flying off the handle. I mean come on.. joining a forum just to bit** about your problems is dumb. plus who cares?? the poor guy could have been lost.

ASS.

Quote Originally Posted by northpoleguy View Post
    Ok it was incredibly stupid for the guy to be on your property but your not a bigger person for flying off the handle. I mean come on.. joining a forum just to bit** about your problems is in poor form. plus who cares?? the poor guy was probably new and could have been lost.

ASS.

I take my post back........NorthPoleGuy was guilty one! GET HIM!
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

WOW.......

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanmoosehunter View Post
    I take my post back........NorthPoleGuy was guilty one! GET HIM!
    bahahaha

I was at sams club last night shopping soo....

Quote Originally Posted by northpoleguy View Post
    Ok it was incredibly stupid for the guy to be on your property but your not a bigger person for flying off the handle. I mean come on.. joining a forum just to bit** about your problems is dumb. plus who cares?? the poor guy could have been lost.

ASS.

+1. Great post and a rep point headed your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    +1. Great post and a rep point headed your way.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BEARBOB View Post
    I know it is frustrating but your post is so strong that anger management comes to mind and if you become so enraged, then someone will end up in jail and it won't be the Atv trespassers.
    Remember for some Jail might be a upgrade in the quality of their life. I would not want push someone who was old, broke, with no medical insurance, and the doctor just last week said, "If you don't get this expensive medical procedure you will die in three months". Jail can look good with free meals, free medical, free dental, if your old and broke. Remember for some their 401K plan is the prison system. My only point is that we think of prison as a deterrent, and forget it could be someones salvation. Don't assume someone will not do something bad for fear of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    Remember for some Jail might be a upgrade in the quality of their life. I would not want push someone who was old, broke, with no medical insurance, and the doctor just last week said, "If you don't get this expensive medical procedure you will die in three months". Jail can look good with free meals, free medical, free dental, if your old and broke. Remember for some their 401K plan is the prison system. My only point is that we think of prison as a deterrent, and forget it could be someones salvation. Don't assume someone will not do something bad for fear of jail.
    Good point.... you know how NoPo is....

Default Two sides to every coin....

At least they were outside, enjoying the greatest place on earth to be outside, rather than sitting on their sofa watching the idiot box.

If multiple riders end up in front of somebodys house, I am pretty sure they were just as shocked as you, to find themselves in that location...when they say they were lost, I betcha (why do I associate that word with palin) they were lost.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast