Thread: Taylor Highway Hunters..

Default Taylor Highway Hunters..

Passing this on....

AOC Email Alert

Taylor Highway area hunters

BLM’s Eastern Interior Field Office has announced that public information meetings regarding the changing ownership of federal public lands in the Fortymile/Eagle Region will be held next week:

1. Ownership changes could result in your old hunting area (Or, where you fished, trapped, camped or gathered wood) having recently become private property.

2. Access that you may have once used to reach your hunting area may now be re-routed on to BLM approved 17(b) easements.

BLM staff will provide information to help us all respect private lands while accessing public lands accessible off the Taylor Highway. These BLM meetings are your chance to become informed on how you can continue to access public lands in the Fortymile/Eagle area.

PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETING SCHEDULE:

Eagle- next Monday, Aug. 3rd , 6:00pm – 7:00pm presentation. At the Red Men Lodge

Tok- next Tuesday, Aug. 4th, opens 6:00pm. High School Multi-purpose Room

Fairbanks- next Wednesday, Aug. 5th. Opens 6:00pm. BLM Office, 1150University Ave. Kobuk Conference Room

Anchorage- next Thursday, Aug. 6th. Opens at 6:00pm. Campbell Creek Science Center. 5600 Science Center Drive.

Contact the BLM Program Coordinator Larry P. Jackson for additional information:

Larry P. Jackson Office: 907-474-2263
    Resources Branch Supervisor Cell: 907-750-6692
    BLM-Eastern Interior Field Office Fax: 907-474-2281
    1150 University Avenue Larry_P_Jackson@blm.gov
    Fairbanks, Alaska 99709
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Sounds like one of the native corps (Ahtna perhaps) found another piece of land they want to claim for their own. Road accessible hunting areas are getting harder and harder to find. Bummer deal.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I will do my best to get back to hit the one in Fbk... on wednesday...

but i am beginning to see the ol chicken ridge trail disapear.... who wants to start a pool on it?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I have a feeling my kids will be applying for non-res hunting permits in other states.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Lottery

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Sounds like one of the native corps (Ahtna perhaps) found another piece of land they want to claim for their own. Road accessible hunting areas are getting harder and harder to find. Bummer deal.
    That could be an issue also, don't know. I do know quite a few people that got land off the Taylor in a land lottery recently though, and I have a feeling this is what it's about.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
    That could be an issue also, don't know. I do know quite a few people that got land off the Taylor in a land lottery recently though, and I have a feeling this is what it's about.
    I have never hunted the Taylor, but perhaps someday I will. In the meantime, it behooves you all int he area who do run this area to get involved. private property or native, there could be a ROW involved int he deal that might get nixxed if no one speaks up!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

there have been some allotments issues coming for some time in this area... Avalanche spoke up on this last spring.. and seems i had some info on it too... ( so much has transpire to keep up) i think it is a combination of both native lands and for sale deals... regardless... you can expect access that used to be there.. now gone.. and i don't think any grandfather rights will be involved.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I have a feeling my kids will be applying for non-res hunting permits in other states.
    We already do this... off to hunt turkeys in California in the spring. Putting together an archery Coues deer hunt in January in Arizona. With my Alaska Airlines miles it becomes really cheap. Much cheaper than any fly-in hunt in Alaska. Miles upon miles of Forest Service roads available for anyone to use. We also have over the counter opportunities for mule deer and antelope with family in Montana.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem