Thread: uperr Selawik River

Default uperr Selawik River

Hi

Wondering if any of you have any info on the upper Selawik Rver?
    Any thing as in how long a float is possible ,class and dangers, any thing at all would be cool.

Thanks,

Roger

Default Selawik River information

Quote Originally Posted by screamneagle View Post
    Hi

Wondering if any of you have any info on the upper Selawik Rver?
    Any thing as in how long a float is possible ,class and dangers, any thing at all would be cool.

Thanks,

Roger
    Hi Roger,

I did a writeup on the Selawik, from Shinilioak Creek down to the village of Selawik (207 river miles), in my book "Float Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers". You might check that out.

Hope it helps!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

The upper selawik river is a small shallow river that can have some great moose hunting. There are several lakes in which transporters can drop you off. As you proceed down river, the river gets bigger, but no real dangers. There was a wash out several years ago, and the river turns muddy about a 1/4 of the way down. As for lengh of your float, you can make it as long as you want. There are nunerous pick up points along the lower sections of the river. It just depends on water levels and how much time you have. This of course changes from year to year.

Great spot.

Mike