Thread: 7/30 Sheep Creek Report

Default 7/30 Sheep Creek Report

took the kids and the wife up to sheep creek slough tonite. very few people which was great, and lots of pinks and chums rolling everywhere....managed one small male silver 3-4lbs on a #4 vibrax, had 2 hard takedowns on eggs but couldnt set the hook in time....must be lots of trout and im thinkin some burbot lurkin and harassing roe, cuz i got hits every cast with roe but never caught the culprit. saw 3 other silvers caught, none very big. water murky and sorta high, but fishing still good.

Default sheep creek

hey, thanks for the report

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    took the kids and the wife up to sheep creek slough tonite. very few people which was great, and lots of pinks and chums rolling everywhere....managed one small male silver 3-4lbs on a #4 vibrax, had 2 hard takedowns on eggs but couldnt set the hook in time....must be lots of trout and im thinkin some burbot lurkin and harassing roe, cuz i got hits every cast with roe but never caught the culprit. saw 3 other silvers caught, none very big. water murky and sorta high, but fishing still good.
    I had the same thing...must have been fish too small to take the hook.
    That's what she said...

Thanks for the report. 1:30am and the wife and I were just talking on whether to go there today.

Any luck up their lately? im heading up their this afternoon.

was there today saturday, LOTS of people, a bunch of idiots wearing hip boots standing 15 feet offshore or moving DIRECTLY in front of me when im on the bank fishing!!! very irritating....hooked and landed one fresh pink, let her go and hooked into and lost a mystery fish, which ill bet was a silver with my luck! saw no silvers banked.... landed and kept one small buck silver this morning at sunshine creek at first light, identical to the one i caught at sheep last week. have not seen any big silvers yet this year, but the 7 ive seen banked other than mine are all small bucks. Caswell was very slow, almost dead.