Thread: Campion Boats from BC........?

Default Campion Boats from BC........?

Anyone familar with or know anything about Canadian made Campion boats? I have been eyeballing a older 26 footer in the Vancouver area?
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Default Buddy in Juneau

Has a 19' Campion. It has seen a lot of use over the years. I'd guess it to be 12 to 15 years old. It is still in good condition, in part due to his TLC, in part because it seems to be a good boat.
    I personally feel the 19' is a bit short, but whenever we've been out, we made do. I have not seen any big water while with him, so can not attest to how it handles. I know he has been out in some stuff that scared him, and the boat brought him home.
    If you want more specifics, send me a PM with contact info. I am not sure if he is home now or out of town, but I can check.

Default Campion boat

I was reading your ad, wondering about campion boats? I personally have enjoyed to own one. I do fish the west coast in my 22 foot Victoria 627 factory pod with a new 200 hp and 15 hp kicker. They handle very well in big seas, but remember to always respect the water. I am thinking on selling my boat with trailer as my wife is injured for life and I am not sure if I will use this fine boat.

Macnut,
    Sorry to hear the reason you need to sell your boat.
    I decided to pass on the 26 footer, timing wasnt right but it was a interesting boat.
    Found another one in Juneau at about the same time, I never could connect with the owner?
    So still shopping, but not in a hurry. 22' is the minimum size for what I have in mind.
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Default 215 victoria sedan

I had a 215 victoria sedan with an inboard V6 190hp and duoprop leg. It seemed fine and I never had any issues with the fiberglass or rott. It was a late 90's. One item that seemed to be lacking was the size of the fuel tank. I packed a few jerrys with me on most trips which was abit of a pain in the neck.It weighed about 4500 lbs if I recall, and with that motor and gear it would cruise at 25 knots and burn about 10 gallons per hour.
    The outbaord pod model seems to have alot more room.

Good luck with your search.