Thread: Where to buy Tikkas in Anchorage?

Default Where to buy Tikkas in Anchorage?

Who besides Sportsman's Warehouse sells Tikka in Anchorage?

I think that I have seen Tikkas at Boondocks in the past.

Yeah I know Boondocks carries Tikkas. Bought one there myself in fact.

We will order one for you, not happily, but we will do it.

Wildalaska can order anything you like......which reminds me, I really want to get a Bersa Ken, do you think you could help me out with that one?

Quote Originally Posted by seant View Post
    Wildalaska can order anything you like......which reminds me, I really want to get a Bersa Ken, do you think you could help me out with that one?
    You evil man Jim white engraved?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    We will order one for you, not happily, but we will do it.
    Ken, no love for Sakos little cousin'?

Boondock carries a healthy supply of Tikka's, even a couple in lefty.

I often visit many gun shops in Anchorage, but they are the only one that remember my daughter by name. Great shop!

Default Tikka mags?

Another question, if Boondocks carries Tikkas, do they also have spare mags for Tikkas? I'd call them but its almost midnite, don't think they'd answer the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Ken, no love for Sakos little cousin'?

My problems with BOTH sako and Tikka is Beretta: the absolutely pisspoor customer service, parts shortage, and spotty QC/metallurgy.

My problems with Tikka in particular are the design. I dont think they handle pressure as well as they should and I feel they are cheaply made. We have a customer walking around with pieces of his Tikka bolt in his face while Federal and Beretta argue over whose fault it is. It kills me to say this, but Id rather see folks buy a savage.

I love original sakos and I have been lucky over the past month or so to have had a whole wad of them from .222 to .375. One of my homeys got to snag a LNIB .375....handling those guns reminds me of how low Sako/Tikka has sunk

YMMV. Thats the opinion of a guy who doies NOTHING other than mess with guns, gun companies etc. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    Boondock carries a healthy supply of Tikka's, even a couple in lefty.

I often visit many gun shops in Anchorage, but they are the only one that remember my daughter by name. Great shop!
    You can control your daughter there? Man, my son is all over everything in there. Last time he tried pullin a rifle down to peak down the scope, apparently there was a moose hiding by the fishing gear?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Why does it have to be a Tikka??? theres others out there ...

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Why does it have to be a Tikka??? theres others out there ...
    I'm not overly fond of the new T-3, but the 595/695 series of rifles were awesome. Smooth, slick bolt, detachable magazine, nicely shaped stock, and every one that I owned shot like a match rifle. My Model 695 in .338 Win made .75" groups at 100yds look easy, (unless I was trying to use the Winchester FailSafe). None ever fouled heavily like a few Rugers I've owned. None were temperamental about the weather like my Remington Model 7 was. No bolt rattle or shake like every one of my post-64 Model 70s has. They were easy to disassemble and clean, easy to reassemble, and just really nice. Not to mention they were about $150 cheaper than anything comparable from Remington, Ruger or Winchester.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    My problems with BOTH sako and Tikka is Beretta: the absolutely pisspoor customer service, parts shortage, and spotty QC/metallurgy.

I love original sakos and I have been lucky over the past month or so to have had a whole wad of them from .222 to .375. One of my homeys got to snag a LNIB .375....handling those guns reminds me of how low Sako/Tikka has sunk.
    I agree with the Beretta customer service. Trying to find re-build spring kits for my 682 shotgun a few years ago was an aggravating nightmare. After calling customer service 6 different times before having someone return my call, then waiting another 6 weeks for them to call back and say they've placed my order I ended up have them made by a gunsmith in town, only to have Beretta call me a month later and say I could be put on the back order list and expect delivery within six months!

Comparing the quality of old and new Sakos, I can't really see it though. My Model 85 has better fit and finish than my AV, the bolt is smoother and easier to throw, the stock fits me better (purely personal, I know), but I don't see a slip in quality between the two. I think the 85 is a slight drop from the 75, but that's just because I really liked the 26" bbl on the 75, and the extra-large palm swell stock they had.

The Tikka T-3 on the other hand, looks like a cheapened-down version of the 595/695. A rifle designed by accountants instead of shooters. Sorry to hear about the chamber failure...I just can't see how anyone could blame the cartridge company for a failure that grand. Sad what lawyers will do to protect a company