Thread: Whittier Silvers

Question Whittier Silvers

Anyone know if the silvers are showing at Pigot Point yet? Ester? I'm headed out this weekend and hoping not to burn a lot of fuel.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

I was out for two days last week (Thurs/Fri) around the west side of Perry (weather/seas wouldn't let us explore much more than that) and we didn't catch any silvers nor see any positive signs...we tried a little for silvers, but most of our effort was aimed at the flatties. Running back to whittier, we saw a lot of good sign on the sounder (bait and larger targets) as well as birds working bait on the surface at the north entrance to Culross Passage. Wanted to try there, but needed to get back in.

Talking I'm thinking

To hit Pigot first, then maybe East side of Culrose Is., or South Ester.

Thanks.
    how to act in public

We trolled for a bit at the north entrance to Culross and around Pigot Pt. today. Nothing. We heard radio chatter of good fishing further south, but didn't see anything caught around us. We didn't put in a lot of time, though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    We trolled for a bit at the north entrance to Culross and around Pigot Pt. today. Nothing. We heard radio chatter of good fishing further south, but didn't see anything caught around us. We didn't put in a lot of time, though, so take this with a grain of salt.
    Update appreciated.
    how to act in public

don't silvers hit the whittier harbor area early august? or was that late august...

I believe your'e thinking of late August/ Early Sept.

Yep, late August through the first couple weeks of September are usually good for Whittier shore fishing.

Please, people...don't snag in the harbor. It's illegal and it spooks the fish off of biting for those of us following the laws. If you have to snag, you have the entire rest of Whittier to do it from.

Heading out there tomorrow morning, anyone been out there this weekend and have some good spots to try?