Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Waiting list at SW

  1. #1
    Member AKHunterNP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    902

    Default Waiting list at SW

    For all the guys who were put on the waiting list at SW in Fairbanks for powder and primers. They have changed the way they are working the waiting list. Every 30 days the wait list is thrown out. You need to go back and get put on it again. I was on the waiting list a few months ago and hadn't heard anything from them so I went to check and they told me about that change.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    3,568

    Default

    I am seeing more and more powders in stores in Anchorage lately. The hoarders are running out of money or places to store everything. If you can wait a couple of months I bet you can find pretty much anything you need locally.
    Tennessee

  3. #3
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    For all the guys who were put on the waiting list at SW in Fairbanks for powder and primers. They have changed the way they are working the waiting list. Every 30 days the wait list is thrown out. You need to go back and get put on it again. I was on the waiting list a few months ago and hadn't heard anything from them so I went to check and they told me about that change.
    while your in there....


    let them know i i really have no need for their store since i found out about the list... if sentry don't have it .. they will order it or Cabalas will send it to me...

    i like to go in there and FEEL the things i look at on line... the i can order it..

    put it on the shelf... FC/ FS.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    while your in there....


    let them know i i really have no need for their store since i found out about the list... if sentry don't have it .. they will order it or Cabalas will send it to me...

    i like to go in there and FEEL the things i look at on line... the i can order it..

    put it on the shelf... FC/ FS.....

    Internet shoppers should take their chances and quit "useing" local stores who invest in houseing the merchandise and put local's to work..........Say's alot about your moral's!

  5. #5
    Member TWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    Nothin wrong with shopping online. Remember, SW is a canada based, big box store...not B&J's, not Barney's, and not Boondockers. Their wages will get paid regardless, cuz payroll comes from corporate.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

  6. #6
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly1 View Post
    Internet shoppers should take their chances and quit "useing" local stores who invest in houseing the merchandise and put local's to work..........Say's alot about your moral's!
    I use the LOCAL store daily..... that would be setry or frontier out fitters...

    SW is a national chain just like cabelas.... and cabelas has NEVER told me to make get on a preference list to receive stock. and NOT get a chance to buy any when one person on the list is allowed to purchase the entre stock.


    you can walk in the FBK store and ask... and they wont show it to you if your NOT ON THE LIST.....


    PSH!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  7. #7
    Member hodgeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Delta Junction AK
    Posts
    4,055

    Default

    I may be totally off base but I really think SW's ability to procure product to stock and sell is more related to their ability and recent history to pay for it than their ability to procure it.

    Its their store and they can run it however they want- so I'll shop at Frontier, Sentry or Granite View.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Let me get this right. Because SW is a chain store it is OK to participate in the dispicable practise that some interenet shoppers participate in-wasting store resources(money/time)?

    It shouldn't matter if store it is a chain or locally owned, wrong is wrong........................PSH!!!!!!!!!!!

    BTW SW is not owned by a Canadian corp.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    301

    Default

    SW, has pissed me off to the point I will not even go in the store anymore.

    I now get all my powder and primers from Sentry in North Pole or Frontier in Fairbanks. They may not have much in stock but they sure seem to try which is way more then I can say for SW. I rarely get bullets locally since there is not much selection and they are easy to order and ship.

    Chain stores like SW can go to hell for all I care. Though I do wish the best for the one employee there that has always been very friendly and helpful.

  10. #10
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Gee Griz starting to sound like you work there... or have some that does...

    here it is plain and simple...


    i shopped at frontier/Sentry Long before SW moved here... i ordered from Cabalas long before they moved here...i have given them many chances

    i see no need to be ignored, treated poorly, or discriminated against because i am not on "their list"

    since the chapter 11 has gone by the store here in Fairbanks personality rating i my book has plummeted to an all time low. few of the folks there Know anything about their products.. few are available to answer a question.. and MOST are RUDE, and UN helpful...

    somewhere along the line business's in this town decided it was OKAY!!!! to be rude to patrons. As a business owner... i would fire and yank contracts with any of our people that treated our clients like you get treated at many shops and restaurants here in FBK...

    here is another...


    BOSTONS, nope not walking back in....


    as the program is set by the corporate office.. they work their own schedule for success...

    the thing the " chains " do not get is that the corp. formula for business DOES NOT work here in AK, our own Draeger, found that out, in short order. with the company we took over a few years ago... When a service orientated company or business steps up to purposely alienate customers. they just became a Niche and can expect the out fall for it...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  11. #11

    Default

    I figured something shady was going on at Sportsmans Warehouse, I filled out one of those forms like 4 months ago, and have never been called for any of the stuff I wanted. They suck!

  12. #12
    Member TWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    3,573

    Default

    Can't wait until felt soled wading boots are outlawed. Wonder if SW will make you sign up on a list to get a pair.

    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Gee Griz starting to sound like you work there... or have some that does...

    here it is plain and simple...


    i shopped at frontier/Sentry Long before SW moved here... i ordered from Cabalas long before they moved here...i have given them many chances

    i see no need to be ignored, treated poorly, or discriminated against because i am not on "their list"

    since the chapter 11 has gone by the store here in Fairbanks personality rating i my book has plummeted to an all time low. few of the folks there Know anything about their products.. few are available to answer a question.. and MOST are RUDE, and UN helpful...

    somewhere along the line business's in this town decided it was OKAY!!!! to be rude to patrons. As a business owner... i would fire and yank contracts with any of our people that treated our clients like you get treated at many shops and restaurants here in FBK...

    here is another...


    BOSTONS, nope not walking back in....


    as the program is set by the corporate office.. they work their own schedule for success...

    the thing the " chains " do not get is that the corp. formula for business DOES NOT work here in AK, our own Draeger, found that out, in short order. with the company we took over a few years ago... When a service orientated company or business steps up to purposely alienate customers. they just became a Niche and can expect the out fall for it...

    Vince, I have worked for (and continue to) several gun stores in Anchorage and have become quite disgusted with the rude internet shoppers who waste valuable store resources and take time away from paying customers who are the ones that help keep the shop up & running and full of merchandise that internet shoppers paw over and drool on.

    Again this isn't a mom & pop vs chain argument though you seem to think it is-possibly as some sort of justification?

  14. #14
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly1 View Post
    Vince, I have worked for (and continue to) several gun stores in Anchorage and have become quite disgusted with the rude internet shoppers who waste valuable store resources and take time away from paying customers who are the ones that help keep the shop up & running and full of merchandise that internet shoppers paw over and drool on.

    Again this isn't a mom & pop vs chain argument though you seem to think it is-possibly as some sort of justification?

    and how do you treat your customers?

    when they ask you a question... do you laugh at them like they are idiots

    or giver them the your too stupid to know anything look?


    or the i hate my job and don't care that your here to support it attitude?

    mom and pop is where i shop... i am not a heavy INTERNET shopper though you seem to have conflict with cabelas... perhaps the compete with you and their supply line. there on line store has been providing out door equipment for years... yet some things still must be purchased locally as firearms powder and primers as the individual cost of shipping is too great for the average shopper...


    my beef is with ONE store. and that store happens to be in fairbanks...

    the SW in wasilla has always been great to talk to...

    but if i walk into your store and your a jerk... i have no problem telling you to go piss up a rope, and taping my on line receipt to your front window for you to find in the morning... get some customer service and i will stay...

    Frontier out fitters is GREAT!!!!!! i see them Daily... SW here in town sucks.. .no need to go back... and most the crap they sell is for the lower 48 deer hunter anyway... and since the chapter 11 the pricing has gone sky high .. because it can.

    if store owners want to keep the business. they will openly except new ideas from their customers... how is it you think Baitum 907 got there bear bait supplies for sale here in Fairbanks...

    i walked in and talked to the store manager... who loves to sit and talk shooting and hunting with me.. they were happy. baitum was happy and a lot of bear hunters were happy to not pay double the cost for a similar product at oh.....


    SPORTSMAN'S WHSE


    i am a vocal person.. and have brought up my issue with the local SW.. to no avail.. deaf ears are deaf ears...

    boondock, wiggys, and the like that are so popular down your way all have one thing in common....


    DUH! they respect there customers and do what is needed to meet the needs of that client.... rude begets rude... i am proof a higher price will be paid for the service attached to it... but if your product is widely available and your a jerk... well that has already been discussed.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  15. #15

    Default

    i agree with vince. it has nothing to do with a mom/pop store vs. chain. it has everything to do with customer service and in that dept. the SW in Fairbanks is terrible. they are very unhelpful and never have an answer. i will never give a dime to that store again. they stink. when they get their act together i might change my mind.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    while your in there....


    let them know i i really have no need for their store since i found out about the list... if sentry don't have it .. they will order it or Cabalas will send it to me...

    "i like to go in there and FEEL the things i look at on line... the i can order it.. "

    put it on the shelf... FC/ FS.....
    I treat my customer's with respect and always seal the deal with a handshake FWIW.

    And where did I say anything negative about Cabela's??????? Read your second sentance again, that's what I have a problem with, I could give two S#$$'s what store you do said practice in.............As I've stated several times.

    It is unfortunate that certain stores have employee's that don't take pride in customer service or the work they do, there are bad apples in every line of business. Neither M&P or the chain store's are immune from it, some managers need to grow a set and whip their employee's into shape or relieve them of their employement.

  17. #17
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly1 View Post
    I treat my customer's with respect and always seal the deal with a handshake FWIW.

    And where did I say anything negative about Cabela's??????? Read your second sentance again, that's what I have a problem with, I could give two S#$$'s what store you do said practice in.............As I've stated several times.

    It is unfortunate that certain stores have employee's that don't take pride in customer service or the work they do, there are bad apples in every line of business. Neither M&P or the chain store's are immune from it, some managers need to grow a set and whip their employee's into shape or relieve them of their employement.
    oh so it is the using the resource that is the issue... i can't get help in there any way... so i might as well use it as a walk through catalog.. at least then i can ask Gerry what to order for sure...piss on them...


    Or order it from Cabalas..I know what service they will give me... Personally it matters not.. i don't see where i have hurt or hindered your business any way... you've been competing with the online catalogs for HOW long? and window shopping is still a great past time.. and price gouging is getting all to common these days up here...your employee time is spent picking their nose or... watching me walk through, i probably know more about "what i am looking for" then the kid hired to stock it and pawn it to begin with...

    .i see it daily with my own business. and the new competition that is in here all the time.. raking folks for whatever they can get because by god they are required to have it..... it is all about service... and i use my competitors models of lack of service to model our own policy behind. on what NOT TO do... there is no difference in the shopper
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  18. #18
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdrhunter View Post
    i agree with vince. it has nothing to do with a mom/pop store vs. chain. it has everything to do with customer service and in that dept. the SW in Fairbanks is terrible. they are very unhelpful and never have an answer. i will never give a dime to that store again. they stink. when they get their act together i might change my mind.

    I will say this... that with currently 16 locations around the state of ak...


    I know i can not and will not make all of my clients happy...

    nor will i get every client that walks in or calls.. but the ones we do have we will bend over for. help them meet their legal requirements. and we have yet to loose one to our competitors... none of my competitors can say the same ... none of them...

    and you know what...if some one walks in... they will not be put on a list for install.. it is first come first serve. though the wife and i do not get out of the office till late most nights so that we can meet with folks who can not drive with out help... it is that extra mile that is so very lacking here in Fairbanks any more... this is NOT the Alaska i grew up with... and all the ol timers here say the same thing... shops are getting ruder and ruder...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    oh so it is the using the resource that is the issue... i can't get help in there any way... so i might as well use it as a walk through catalog.. at least then i can ask Gerry what to order for sure...piss on them...


    Or order it from Cabalas..I know what service they will give me... Personally it matters not.. i don't see where i have hurt or hindered your business any way... you've been competing with the online catalogs for HOW long? and window shopping is still a great past time.. and price gouging is getting all to common these days up here...your employee time is spent picking their nose or... watching me walk through, i probably know more about "what i am looking for" then the kid hired to stock it and pawn it to begin with...

    .i see it daily with my own business. and the new competition that is in here all the time.. raking folks for whatever they can get because by god they are required to have it..... it is all about service... and i use my competitors models of lack of service to model our own policy behind. on what NOT TO do... there is no difference in the shopper
    How sweet it is to be able to justify the wrong we do in life................

  20. #20
    Sponsor ADfields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Missing Palmer AK in Phonix AZ.
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I know i can not and will not make all of my clients happy...

    nor will i get every client that walks in or calls.. but the ones we do have we will bend over for. help them meet their legal requirements. and we have yet to loose one to our competitors... none of my competitors can say the same ... none of them...
    Yup, service is it!
    I never got mad at someone for giving their business to competitors, nor get mad at the competitors for "steeling" business . . . I always looked at it as my fault not theirs. I did, or did not do something as good as the other outfit, maybe it's even just a matter that the competitor is an easy right turn for the customer and I'm a PITA left turn, this would say to me it was my choice of location.

    As for window shopping, it’s an all American past time!!
    If a business has a customer in the store and drooling over some in stock item.
    Said customer then goes home to spend the effort to track down and order the same item online.
    Pays for the extra shipping and handling.
    Sits around and twiddles his thumbs 1 to 6 weeks till the item comes in.
    Drives to the post office or trucking company’s dock to pick it up.
    Then I would say the local store has some kind of major malfunction!!!

    If I can’t sell an item I have to someone standing in front of me, that has the money, and wants the thing . . . I may be in the wrong business.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •