Thread: Unit 25C NonRes season date change

Default Unit 25C NonRes season date change

In case this affects anyone trip planning:
    I was in Anchorage fish and game today and there is a printout with 3 corrections to the reg book. The one with the most implications was Unit 25C NON RES moose season is Sept 5-15th NOT Sep 5-25 as printed.

I asked how everyone was supposed to know (doesn't affect me personally) and the lady said "by looking at the flyer on the counter". I stated that a NR hunter would not likely stop by the Anchorage office and if they did it would be right before their hunt. Oh, and I guanrantee the troopers will throw the book at ya if you shot one 16th to 25th!!

Maybe its listed somewhere else but I thought I'd post here in case a member has a trip planned in the area.

PS. I think I am gonna make some calls to someone with some authority tomorrow but that's another post entirely. Seems pretty out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-HUNT View Post
    In case this affects anyone trip planning:
    I was in Anchorage fish and game today and there is a printout with 3 corrections to the reg book. The one with the most implications was Unit 25C NON RES moose season is Sept 5-15th NOT Sep 5-25 as printed.

I asked how everyone was supposed to know (doesn't affect me personally) and the lady said "by looking at the flyer on the counter". I stated that a NR hunter would not likely stop by the Anchorage office and if they did it would be right before their hunt. Oh, and I guanrantee the troopers will throw the book at ya if you shot one 16th to 25th!!

Maybe its listed somewhere else but I thought I'd post here in case a member has a trip planned in the area.

PS. I think I am gonna make some calls to someone with some authority tomorrow but that's another post entirely. Seems pretty out of line.
    I'd wondered the same thing when I saw the flyer in the office a couple days ago. I checked on the ADFG website to see if it was posted there somewhere, but never found anything. It'd be a shame to show up in Alaska for your 10-day moose hunt on the 16th and find out the season closed yesterday.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Corrections to the Reg book should take high priority on their website. It should be Big and BOLD on the main page of the ADF&G web page.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default looked

I looked on the emergency closures/regulation updates today and its not there. I sure don't know where else to look and just like you said: It should be in huge letters on the front of the state website. Anyway, contacting them tomorrow hopefully. Anyone else that would contact them will only help. Cheers.