Thread: Tang sights for a Sharps 45-70

Default Tang sights for a Sharps 45-70

I just bought a brand new Sharps Quigley 45-70 Rifle and was wondering if anybody knew where I can get a set of tang sights for it. I checked Cabelas, but they wanted 200 dollars or more for them, I was just wondering if there is a cheaper option that I can buy locally. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Look up Ron Heilman he makes very nice sights.

They are not cheap, but then again, I mounted them on Shiloh Sharps rifles that were worth dang near $2,000 without sights.

Putting cheap sights on an expensive rifle is like picking up Selma Hayak for a date while driving a Kia...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Very good point, after dropping the amount of money I spent on the rifle, I guess I was thinking cheaply. But a rifle is only as good as the sights or scope on it.

I can't wait to hunt some moose with this rifle. It's great to get out and hunt with these classic rifles.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I agree with Duck Slayer, but the Pedersoli sights are about the cheepest good sight you can get. Oh yah, you can find cheeper but you get what you pay for. You can buy one for around 60 or 80 but you will throw it away and buy the better sight after only a few uses. Why waste the money? I put an MVA on my Sharps and did not look back. What a difference and I had one of the Pedersoli sights on my Pedersoli Sharps and now I think it is a pretty cheep sight. Jim