Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please take me fishing....

Default Please take me fishing....

Ok, we will give this one a try. In trying to keep the "Open Seat" thread a bit more cleaned up, this thread will be for those who are looking for someone to take them along and show them the ropes or just help out with a fishing trip.

If you are visiting or just have a hard time getting out, plead your case and maybe someone will be able to help out and offer an invite.

If you want to invite someone who posts on this thread, please respond to them via PM so the thread doesn't get too confusing.

Tight lines and screamin reels!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Let me know if you have an extra seat this summer! It's my second year in Alaska and want to get out fishing as much as possible. I'm a photographer so my schedule is flexible, and cool with late notice trips! Killer photos and video are guaranteed for any trip I'm on. Please email me at jmartinez.biz@gmail.com and I will get back to you pronto. Thanks! Let's go fishing!

Me, after a hike up O'Malley peak:

Hi There... Myself and two friends will be in Alaska from August 4 - 9 and would love if someone could take us out for some fishing (maybe Resurrection Bay?). We would gladly pay for all your gas and maybe even provide a portion of our catch... just PM me and we can figure something out. Please help out if you can, we will have one Afghanistan vet and one guy who recently had to undergo surgery for testicular cancer. I would really like to cheer these guys up with a day out on the water!

Just curious, the wife and I are planning a trip to Anchorage and are thinking of taking a halibut trip. Most places are asking $250/day + extra to clean and pack the fish. I don't mond cleaning, but have neaver done a halibut before. First, $250 sounds like a lot of money, and how easy is it to clean the fish? I know you are paying for the experience, but still, that sounds like some expensive fish to me. Also, what happens once you catch your limit, do most charters fish for other species or are you done?

Thanks

Tim

The other day we caught some smaller chicken halibut,, the smallest was 18 and the biggest 27 lbs,, so very small fish,, we had 5 on the boat so we harvested 10 fish..
    total weight of fillets was 78 lbs..
    the cost of Halibut is at or over $9 per lbs at the processers here on the kenai,, not sure what it is at your local fish market..
    so at $ 9 X 80 lbs = $720 of retail halibut..
    plus the fun of catching them..
    not bad really if you think about it..
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Max those numbers sound good until you figure in if those 5 where on a charter that would be like $1200 maybe driving down from Anchorage or the valley easy $100 each round trip. So $720 worth of fish for about $1700. I know its hard to put a $$$ to fun but
    some times its hard to not look at what free fish really cost.

RAMEN noodles are cheap
    Semper Fi!

If you run your own boat $250/ day sounds cheap to me can,t trailer my boat & gas for that.

Valdez Silvers Aug 26-28th or Sept 2-5

Okay all had some great fishing experiences in Valdez over the years both going along with a teacher friend, renting a military MWR boat on our own and last year meeting up with a fellow forum member for some Silver action in Valdez. Had such fun I thought I would give it another try here this year since the MWR boats are all booked up and the old friend is not going down this year.

Wife and I are both experienced fisherman who have our own gear, can drive a boat/troll, and net a fish no problem so if you happen to have some open space on your boat and want to share some of that expensive gas money shoot me a PM and let's see about hooking up.

Default Seward 9/4

I've got one free day in Seward on Sunday, Sept 4th and would kill to do some halibut and salmon fishing. Unfortunately a charter isn't really in the budget. I could definitely help pay for gas & bait. Plus you can keep any fish I catch, minus enough for my dinner!

Hello, all! I'll be in AK from 8/18 to 8/28 and the friend I was going fishing with changed plans. Therefore, I'm looking for someone to allow me to tag along on a fishing trip. Any species, almost any location, any time. I originally intended to do a halibut charter, and some salmon fishing, but now I'm pretty much open to anything.
    I'm a 32 year old female willing to help out on the boat, bring my own tackle and gear, and pay for bait and fuel. I was raised at a fishing resort in Canada, frequently fish Lake Superior and inland Minnesota lakes on my own boats, and have some southern saltwater experience. This will be my first trip to Alaska.
    In exchange I can offer for anyone interested in fishing Minnesota/Ontario in the future, a cabin on a secluded lake for an extended stay, free 14ft Alumacraft, outboard, and canoe to use. For Lake Superior I would trade a guided lake trout/salmon trip on my 26ft cabin cruiser in the Grand Marais/Grand Portage area (possible Isle Royale, Michigan trip depending on weather). From growing up in this area my entire life I am familiar with most of the area inland lakes and can find you walleyes, smallmouth bass, northern pike, rainbows, brookies, and browns. Keep in mind that this is trophy walleye country, home of the MN state record 'eye.
    Please, please help me out, or at least give me any advice on AK fishing or a cheap place to stay. I already have airline tickets so I'll be taking a fishing trip without the fishing!! If you can help please PM me or email to s.namaycush@live.com.
    Thanks, and I hope to hear from you!
    ~Paula

Quote Originally Posted by TackleBox View Post
    Hello, all! I'll be in AK from 8/18 to 8/28 and the friend I was going fishing with changed plans. Therefore, I'm looking for someone to allow me to tag along on a fishing trip. Any species, almost any location, any time. I originally intended to do a halibut charter, and some salmon fishing, but now I'm pretty much open to anything.
    I'm a 32 year old female willing to help out on the boat, bring my own tackle and gear, and pay for bait and fuel. I was raised at a fishing resort in Canada, frequently fish Lake Superior and inland Minnesota lakes on my own boats, and have some southern saltwater experience. This will be my first trip to Alaska.
    In exchange I can offer for anyone interested in fishing Minnesota/Ontario in the future, a cabin on a secluded lake for an extended stay, free 14ft Alumacraft, outboard, and canoe to use. For Lake Superior I would trade a guided lake trout/salmon trip on my 26ft cabin cruiser in the Grand Marais/Grand Portage area (possible Isle Royale, Michigan trip depending on weather). From growing up in this area my entire life I am familiar with most of the area inland lakes and can find you walleyes, smallmouth bass, northern pike, rainbows, brookies, and browns. Keep in mind that this is trophy walleye country, home of the MN state record 'eye.
    Please, please help me out, or at least give me any advice on AK fishing or a cheap place to stay. I already have airline tickets so I'll be taking a fishing trip without the fishing!! If you can help please PM me or email to s.namaycush@live.com.
    Thanks, and I hope to hear from you!
    ~Paula
    Paula
    I've been happily (more or less) married for 48 yrs (to the same woman)... that would probably stop real quick if I were to take a 32 yo chick fishing out at my remote cabin... Fishing ...!! And the odds of me going back to MN or Ontario to take advantage of all those things you list, are slim and none.... but here's my suggestion.. call Laurie at 907-235-2553 or check out their website at www.alaskaexcursion.com the lady can fix you up with a halibut charter, recommend a good salmon charter, and help you with lodging and answer any questions you might have... No, I don't have any financial connection with these people, they are just very good friends.... and I think they can help you with some of your problems... John

Default Valdez : evenings of Aug 8 & 9

Driving there now for a few days of work. I would be happy to pitch money for gas & oil to go out after 5pm on either night fishing. I know my way around a boat well enough to be helpful rather then a pain (20 yrs working in Alaska and fishing as often as possible). Rather be out giving a hand pulling pots, jigging for butt or casting for silvers then sitting on the shore. Brought my silver rod with this time.

I'm a normal mid aged guy who likes to fish...I just don't have a boat in the harbor!

I travel to Valdez, Cordova, and a few other places on short notice for work, and would enjoy fishing rather the the hotel tv.

Thanks,
    Kingdragyn

post up some pics and you might get taken fishing quicker
    Semper Fi!

Thanks, John. I'll check out Laurie's site and try to get some more information. Your reply made me laugh, and I understand. I debated whether to even mention I was female because it invites preconceptions and stereotypes. Yes, I'm a girl, but I'm a helluva fisherman.
    Thanks again for the contact info. And maybe I'll post pics, as long as they include big fish!!

Quote Originally Posted by TackleBox View Post
    Thanks, John. I'll check out Laurie's site and try to get some more information. Your reply made me laugh, and I understand. I debated whether to even mention I was female because it invites preconceptions and stereotypes. Yes, I'm a girl, but I'm a helluva fisherman.
    Thanks again for the contact info. And maybe I'll post pics, as long as they include big fish!!
    Paula,
    I don't doubt your fishing abilities for a minute... I owned and operated a Charter business for 20 yrs.. It always tickled the heck out of me when the women on the boat out-caught the men...!! Usually the men, especially those from Bass country, thought they had to try to rip the lips off the fish when they first felt a bite..., where as the women would usually let the halibut set the circle hook before they did anything... Women usually listened to the Capt's advice, where as the men usually thought they knew it all already...!! I kinda miss those days, but then I recall some of those 18 hr days, and boat problems, and rough wx, and miserable clients, and then I realize I had a good run while it lasted..
    John

Birthday Gift for my Wife (who you don't know )

Heading to Valdez over Labor Day weekend which is the same weekend as my wifes B-day and would love to get out on a boat getting some huge Silvers. We have fished Valdez 5 years in a row so are well experienced and have our own gear just nothing to bob around in the harbor on. So if you are headed that way and have a boat with some room we are more then willing to cover the gas if you can get us out on the water.

We will be in the Homer/Anchor River area on August 30-31. My sil and I are on a charter booked at Miller's Landing on August 28 out of Seward. We would love to experience some of the awesome Homer fishing, but can't afford a second charter. If we could get out for a half-day with someone, that would be awesome. We could do our own deckhanding and help with gas.

Are there good shore-fishing options in this area? We have never been to this part of AK so would appreciate any helpful suggestions/advice. Thanks in advance!

What should our expectations be this time of year?
    Rich

Default Have you found someone to take her out?

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger33 View Post
    Birthday Gift for my Wife (who you don't know )

Heading to Valdez over Labor Day weekend which is the same weekend as my wifes B-day and would love to get out on a boat getting some huge Silvers. We have fished Valdez 5 years in a row so are well experienced and have our own gear just nothing to bob around in the harbor on. So if you are headed that way and have a boat with some room we are more then willing to cover the gas if you can get us out on the water.
    Jaeger,
    I will be there and would be happy to take the wife out. PM me with your contact info and I will give you a call

LilsuLady,
    Tried to PM you but it said PMs were not activted for your account. Posted a comment on your visitor wall though (the wall that pops up when you click your name). Anyways if you want to PM me your number I can give you a call as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LilsuLady View Post
    Jaeger,
    I will be there and would be happy to take the wife out. PM me with your contact info and I will give you a call

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast