Thread: Rug has arrived!

Thumbs up Rug has arrived!

My bear rug arrived from Frontier Taxidermy (out of Valdez) and I think Dave did a fantastic job. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a taxidermist in a heartbeat.

I would like to thank Stid 2677 for taking me with him and showing me how great hunting in Alaska can be. He restored my spirit after horrible experiences bear baiting near Fairbanks and Caribou hunting on Chicken Ridge.

I would also like to thank my wife for allowing me to hang all of my trophies in the living room, and for her patience with all of my sheep gear preparation.

Steve...only 17 days to Alaska Hunt 2009!

Good luck to everyone this fall

RLTW!
    SS
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good,nice bear and it fits a wall without rebuilding

Looks very nice J. Hope we can add to your collection this fall. I look forward to sharing some sheep meat over an open fire.

Here is a before shot of your bear.

Steve

Thumbs up

That is a nice looking bear rug Sua Sponte 96!

Default Hard to tell

in the picture, but does the felt run all the way to the end of the bottom jaw or does it stop under the head?

nice job and way to go with closed mouth, that snarling beast look is the worst
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte 96 View Post
    My bear rug arrived from Frontier Taxidermy (out of Valdez) and I think Dave did a fantastic job. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a taxidermist in a heartbeat.

I would like to thank Stid 2677 for taking me with him and showing me how great hunting in Alaska can be. He restored my spirit after horrible experiences bear baiting near Fairbanks and Caribou hunting on Chicken Ridge.

I would also like to thank my wife for allowing me to hang all of my trophies in the living room, and for her patience with all of my sheep gear preparation.

Steve...only 17 days to Alaska Hunt 2009!

Good luck to everyone this fall

RLTW!
    SS
    Congrats on a great mount. Hunting at it's best: good friends, great time, wonderful memories and a spectacular trophy. Add the fact that you have a loving and supporting wife and you are indeed a very blessed man.

Default I also like

the closed mouth look. My next big black/cinnamon will be mounted like that.

I just got my rug back a couple weeks ago too. I went with the open mouth, this was my first bear. I think I would have gone with closed mouth if I had it to do again. I would get it on my next bear but my wife already said she wants a 3/4 mount. 1Cor15:19 had it right too, a supporting wife helps, mine used to wake me up and tell me to go hunting if I slept in.

Default Plug for Dave

Congrats on the rug, Just had to put in a plug for Dave, and I'm guessing it's Dave Winney. Known the guy for a long time and he has produced some of the nicest stuff I have ever seen. Beautiful work!!! I have a Dolly he mounted for me in 88 I think, traded taxidermy for a welding project. He used to work out of his living room in a trailer house in Valdez and worked in his spare time. Hope it is going well for him.