Thread: Russian River 7/29-8/2

Default Russian River 7/29-8/2

Heading out to hook up with my buddy JohnSWA. I will be in his site tonight. Rainbow 65. Tomorrow we are off to Deep Creek to chase butts with Ebbtide. Back to the russian tomorrow night. Im in site 24 through sunday at noon. So if any of you are out and about after 6ish in the evening feel free to stop by, say hi and share a beverage and a lie with John and I
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I WISH!!!!
    I have another 39 days until I leave for the insanity that is FISHAPALOOZA!!!!!

Default Water lever

How's the Russian's water level?

Default water level

was down there last fri july 24th and the water level was normal to just a tad bit low. Im sure someone has been down there between then and now with some more up-to-date info

trout--

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Heading out to hook up with my buddy JohnSWA. I will be in his site tonight. Rainbow 65. Tomorrow we are off to Deep Creek to chase butts with Ebbtide. Back to the russian tomorrow night. Im in site 24 through sunday at noon. So if any of you are out and about after 6ish in the evening feel free to stop by, say hi and share a beverage and a lie with John and I

What kinda beer ya drink? I'll prob be in the area!

thinking of going down, but I'd bet the russian is pretty dang high given the reserrection is flooding
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I hope to be down at the Russian Friday and Saturday. I hope to see you there
    Dan66

Default response to russian water level

I was down there on monday and the water level was HIGH. Down by the confluence there was no confluence, the filet table island was super small, the water all the way up to cotton wood was extremely high as well. Not alot of fish at all I was told they were all up by the falls..... But down by the confluence you had to wade waist deep to get across to the fillet tables..... and the kenai was horrible you couldn't treck across to the island to high and fast...

Default Thanks for the update

Seems like everywhere is getting soaked.

was at the russian today, it was pretty slow today but people were still catching fish and a lot of hook ups, just wasn't a lot of people there due to the weather and rain.

The water on the Russian is just fine. We have fished upsteam, way up stream and found lots of fish. Lots of BIG brown fuzzy things with new babies too. Fishing upstream is great. John fished the mouth wednesday and it was slowwwwwwwwwwwwww. Kenai water is high on the upper but not to bad. Drove to deep creek yesterday and the lower river is just BLOWN up bad. Very High and nasty dirty. Im gonna float with june tomorrow and will post how it goes. We had a great Halibut trip with Ebb Tide charters from the site here. I would and will fish him again. GREAT GUIDE. Ill post pics later as im sitting at the picnic table on the russian river right now. Oh I drink cold beer if anyone does stop by
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Oh I drink cold beer if anyone does stop by
    In that case I'll drop by and you can give me one!!! You'll have to wait another month though. Try to keep them cold until then, will ya.

P.S. Upper Kenai is running at just over 10,000 cfs and still climbing.