Thread: Seward Silvers from The Beach

Default Seward Silvers from The Beach

I am headed to Seward for an extra day of roaming with a fishing rod prior to taking a charter on Thursday evening and would love to find a silver or two. Anyone willing to spill the beans on a chunk of shore that would possible have some silvers in front of it? Also, hints on bait, rigs ect would be helpfull as well.

Much apprciated. KingDragyn

Default Coverts

you can try next to the coverts or out next to the water fall there in seward, but im not shure if they are in there yet or not as im in iraq doing contractor work for the past year. you could also ask your charter guide and they might have some info for you, they are usaully preety helpfull with that sort of stuff or you could always call the fish house (true value) there in seward. best of luck

Go ask the folks who work at the Fish House....they'll tell ya.

Really, anywhere along the shoreline is fine (past the culverts on the way to Miller's Landing). I've caught silvers there while drifting herring under a bobber.

Default Thanks for the info

And the limit for the salt (if I am fortunate enough) is 6?

Thanks for sharing the info. Any more that anyone has would be appreciated.

Default Yep

6 per day/6 in possesion. Look at page 58 in the fishing regs.

Also Resurrection river is another option. You can always snag in front of it in the salt water. (the sign is pretty obvious about where it's fresh vs salt. )(make sure you find it though). Different regs for fresh vs salt. Here are the fresh water regs.

Resurrection Bay fresh waters: All flowing waters and all lakes and ponds north of a line between Cape Resurrection and Aialik Cape, and south of Mile 12, Seward Highway
    • Resurrection Bay fresh waters are closed year-round to fishing for all salmon except the waters of Resurrection River downstream of the Seward Highway and Nash Road. In these waters, open season for salmon (other than king salmon) is June 16–Dec. 31. Limit is 3 salmon per day, 3 in possession, of which only 2 may be coho salmon. Only unbaited, single-hook, artificial lures are allowed.

Nash road is just out of town and on the right if leaving, or left if coming. Seems to me its between the pitbar and town. Drive down it and look for a sign about fishing on the right hand side. Drive into a huge gravel lot. Pay your money to the folks or put it in the can. Great place. IMO.
    Also you can walk the beach at Lowell point (is that the right spelling?) and fish for dollies by throwing a litlle pixie.
    Snag by the culverts or waterfall.
    Could always luck into some rockfish on the rocks going out to Lowell point. I'd do this one last though w/not much expectation of success. Hope this helps!! Good luck.

Default Appreciate the info

Thanx Yep.....much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by NickofTime View Post
    Really, anywhere along the shoreline is fine (past the culverts on the way to Miller's Landing). I've caught silvers there while drifting herring under a bobber.
    NickofTime, what is your technique on "drifting a herring under a bobber"? I have fished rivers using a bobber (for trout and grayling) and fished lakes with a bobber (but in a boat). How do you use a bobber and herring in saltwater and deal with tides etc.? How much line under the bobber do you use? Sure would like to know more about this - it sounds intriguing!

Quote Originally Posted by FbksFishinFool View Post
    NickofTime, what is your technique on "drifting a herring under a bobber"? I have fished rivers using a bobber (for trout and grayling) and fished lakes with a bobber (but in a boat). How do you use a bobber and herring in saltwater and deal with tides etc.? How much line under the bobber do you use? Sure would like to know more about this - it sounds intriguing!
    I only fish herring under a bobber from shore. the rocky shoreline (heading towards Lowell Point) is a great place to do this....it's only 10-15 feet deep. I typically put 5-6 feet bettween my hook and bobber.

Quote Originally Posted by NickofTime View Post
    I only fish herring under a bobber from shore. the rocky shoreline (heading towards Lowell Point) is a great place to do this....it's only 10-15 feet deep. I typically put 5-6 feet bettween my hook and bobber.
    How well have you normally done?

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    How well have you normally done?
    When they're in the harbor, I will almost always pick up a limit....

I wouldn't call it 'white hot'...but it can be very good at times. It usually takes me 2-3 hours to get them.

Default Lowell Point

Anybody having luck off the beach at Lowell Point? Still too early?