Thread: Bunch of Boys in Juneau

Default Bunch of Boys in Juneau

I am about to head to Juneau with my football team to play our season opener. We will be there Aug 7-10th (game on the 8th). While thinking about ways to entertain the boys I thought about seeing if there would be somewhere good to take them all fishing. Now we are talking about a bunch of boys (60) but I thought maybe if a small group wanted to go fishing I could arrange an excursion for them. It would be shore fishing only so does anyone have any thoughts?

What team are you with???

Bandon, OR

The dock at DIPAC might be a good bet... everyone can rent rod/reel there, buy licenses if they don't have them already, and have a blast with whatever's running ATM.

M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR

I am with the West Valley Wolfpack. It is our season opener.

I was in Juneau once and was snagging chums right by the hatchery and had a blast watching the guys spot snagging kings while hanging over the rail (that was impressive I thought). Is it always snag fishing there at the dock?

Also a legal question, I will have a number of players under 16 with me and I am pretty sure that they don't need a license just need to be with someone who does correct? What is the ratio of that though as I could have 15+ with no license to just one or two coaches with licenses so I don't want to run into any legal trouble.

Thanks as always for the help, two years ago I took a VB team to Cordova and caught silvers during a day off and it was a fun way to pass some time.

Still wondering about Snagging regulations and dependents on a licensee question. Anyone have any input?

Snagging is prohibited within 150' of the dock at DIPAC - There is a sign posted by a bench by the sidewalk that marks that.

Anyone under 16 does not need a license, and I dont believe they are required to have a guardian either.