Thread: Hit 'em and get 'em.

Default Hit 'em and get 'em.

Last day on Friday with an unlikely EO in the Kenai to extend dipnetting and a probable EO in Kasilof to extend due to the late burst of fish coming into Cook Inlet; have not had enough OTF data to accurately forecast numbers but the day before yesterday and part of yesterday there was a huge slug of fish that went into both rivers.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default Kasilof Terminal Fishery Still Possible

Kasilof Escapement is within 15K of maximum. ADF&G can still open just the Kasilof Terminal Fishery for the commercial boats and keep everything else closed.

If you haven't got your limit, I wouldn't give up yet, but I wouldn't wait, either. Once the Kasilof is corked off there won't be much of a chance of catching anything, and rightly so.

~tr

Default KaPOW

36,000+ hit the Kenai river yesterday. Next couple days will be intersting.

Thumbs up Thank god the fish don't read the hunting regs,

Bulls know when the season is in play. Hopefully the fish are more stupid. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope we make the lower end of the escapement goal, fingers crossed!!!

I'll bet lower end will be met eaily. ADF&G gets more restictive once silvers start showing hard. Reds will still keep coming fairly strong for a week or so then start the trickle. There is still a lot of run left. That's my guess anyway!!!